Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Putnam Park next week... Thoughts / Hints?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Putnam Park next week... Thoughts / Hints?

Looks like I'll be driving my '84 911 to run an open track-style day at Putnam Park next week when the National SHO Convention invades Indy.

I'll be driving out from Rhode Island on Tuesday, running on Wednesday, and driving home Thursday. Rain's a possibility so I'll be using the new Kumho MX's I have, and not thinking about trying to get there on the Victoracers (It's also ~1,000 miles for me each way).

Obviously I want to get the most out of the day. Anyone who's been there got some track hints or tips? Other tracks I've done were Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, New Hampshire International, Summit Point (not the new tracks), and Blackhawk Farms. Any comparisons?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hint/tip is to leave tomorrow and show up for the weekend DE/Club race on Friday - Sunday! 1,000 miles is a long way for one day of driving...but either way you will like the track.

Plenty of guys on the board have driven there and there are numerous write-ups that you can find with a search. There You also might want to search for Norm Goldrichs lap video. 1:09 in his GT2. Of course his 1:09 will be a bit faster than your times but I don't know of other Putnam videos off hand.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how to post a direct link but there is description here.

Rennlist Discussion Forums > Performance & Competition Discussion Areas > Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Putnam racing lines??
Old 07-14-2005, 08:06 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Tip: barely brake for T1, then power thru it. You'll think it's suicide, but it works.

Quick Reply: Going to Putnam Park next week... Thoughts / Hints?