Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning: Pirelli P Zero Corsa tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing that I'm confused about in this thread is: I thought that because there's more weight in the rear, the rear tire pressures should be higher than the front, not lower. What am I missing?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

DP35 - the pressures suggested at 36 lbs hot, all around. If the next morning you checked the cold temps you'd find a significant variation. Cold, the fronts would be higher pressure than the rears and there would be a difference left to right depending on the track.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:16 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've run the P-Zero Corsas for 2 seasons on my 968 and get the best results heating the tires to 40psi all around. I usually start at 35psi, heat the tires and bleed down as necessary. If you look at the Pirelli chart you'll notice 2.7 bar hot for the 944T (which is fairly comparable to the 968 chassis), which is roughly 40psi. The pressures for the P-Zero slicks are much lower.

I suppose the key is to find what works for you given the particular car, weather & track conditions and track configuration.

I've liked the P-Zero Corsas. They don't wear as long as say the MPSCs, but overall handling is very good. That said, I will likely try some Hoosiers on the car next season. Ciao.

Richard

Quick Reply: warning: Pirelli P Zero Corsa tire pressure