Sponsored by:

Rotary Rockets Formula Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotary Rockets Formula Mazda

After tossing the idea of a CSR car around and realizing it might be pricey for me at this point in time, i have thought more of a spec formula series which has led me to formula mazda. I can pick up a pretty fast car at 29k and maintnance is not all too bad, probably a whole lot less than my 944 turbo. Anyways before I hop into it full speed, I thought I might test one so I have called around a bit and thought of doing a pro-one motorsports day to test the car, but at 2k it was a bit pricey. I would def use them if I bought the car for set-up/support at events. Rotary Rockets runs a 10 race series for 7500 bucks with everything included. I was contimplating this route. Anyone here have any experience with them. For 750 bucks a race that is cheaper than what my 944 costs me to set up each race with tires, pads, problems etc. If I like the FM series I will sell the 944 turbo and buy a Formula Mazda probably for next seaons. Any thoughts from guys who have been in them before?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search. There was a long thread on this very subject just a few months ago. Lots of detailed, first-person information from guys who had travelled that road.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

750 a race is a steal for what you're running in. most rental places will charge even higher for just a spec miata even

Quick Reply: Rotary Rockets Formula Mazda