Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT at Potomac DE - Summit Point

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005 | 03:59 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

The best WTF? moment on that video was approaching T10 the first time:- the 'reach for the downshift, hang hand in mid air while figuring that it would be better to hold 4th gear so that we could hear more of the CGT sound, back on the wheel for turn-in'. It looks bizarre on the screen.

There are plenty of fast drivers on any given day at Summit Point. My laps are just the best I can do [at present....always learning]. Its fun though.
Old 06-10-2005 | 04:07 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Renn 951
LOL! I'm surprised certain folks haven't jumped on you yet for the occasional "shuffle" steer -- the "noble head" in the right seat (or was that "bobble head?") must have distracted them in their viewing! I'd like to see one of THEM take a 951 through the Carousel with their hands locked in one position!

But seriously, I would love to see the Track Vision data for a well-driven, well-prepared 951 doing a clean hot lap at SP (as opposed to racing with slower traffic and interference with the perfect line.) Catching corner entry speeds, exit speeds, and braking points would be a great DE learning tool. And if anyone thinks they can do "better" than your numbers, tell them to come out on a race day and prove it!

Old 06-10-2005 | 04:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the link, Tony.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT at Potomac DE - Summit Point