Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hand washing enclosed trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, this looks like what I am talking about. Also, there is some aluminum cleaner there too I might try. I tried simple green, it works, but not without lots of scrubbing, so I want to keep searching. This stuff might be the ticket. I also heard that WD40 cleans well. I might try that.

Originally Posted by AC 996C2
I use Full Timer's Choice Black Streak Remover on our white enclosed trailer.

I got them from here --> http://www.traileraid.com/traileraid...CategoryId=216
Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I clean the trailer as I would any of my cars. I have a black enclosed trailer and did learn the hard way to NOT to use a semi-soft soft brush, it has to be soft other wise you get minor scratches in the paint.

I use an orbital polisher and it cleans up perfectly. I will say it does take a few hours and $120.00 the local detailer chargers is looking like a bargain. I probaly polished/waxed the trailer myself for the last time in November.

Good luck!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
silver44
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clean trailer

I bought some black streak remover from Pace and when I got it, I noticed that it looked like the same stuff that Car Quest has called "Purple Cleaner." So I bought some Purple Cleaner. I use it full strength in a pump strayer like the kind you buy for spraying bugs. I hose down the trailer and spray the panels columns liberally about 2 at a time. Allow the purple cleaner to wrk for about a minute and then use a sponge lightly on each panel. Once all the grime has been rubbed off, then spray the trailer off with a garden hose. Make sure that all of the purple cleaner has been rinsed off. The result is a sparkling clean trailer with a minimal amount of elbow grease
Don
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

I'm **** enought to hand wash and wax my ATC trailer- try and wash the bugs off the front after every race weekend. Built a new storage building this last summer so it can sit inside with the garden stuff and "other" toys... used to store it at a friend's storage garage and leave it out at home but got tired of it getting so much crap on it from the trees... I know I have a sickness but I want it to look as nice as my cars. (I think I got that from seeing Penske's immaculate race cars WAY back in the late '60's up at Road America, as in the old Sunoco Camaros etc...)

BTW Lewis, I know you must be **** enough as well to hand wash yours!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have my enclosed trailer yet (ready next week ), but I find bleach pure and simple works just fine for most applications with very little work other than spray on, let set and wash off. And as a bonus it tends to keep future dirt and mildue off for alot longer than normal washings
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Lewis, I have no idea, but I am willing to help you to hand wash your trailer, to repay you for all your advice on my porsche questions....

Thanks again.....
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Detail shop. I have them wax it twice a year, and the rest of the time it's easier to clean.
Best $$ you will ever spend.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

It appears the combination of simple-green mixed 50/50 and brillo pads are the ticket. I am planning on cleaning it entirely this weekend. Now I need to find a good cleaner for the aluminum trim.

I want to add some lighting and interior upgrades, I wish there was someone like http://www.buffaloespeedenterprises.com/ on the west coast.

Quick Reply: Hand washing enclosed trailer