Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putnam Park - Worth the Haul?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

An 11 hour haul to the Glen is no fun either if it rains all weekend. 11 hours to Putnam to watch the rain, that would be a horrible thought.

Probaly don't need to bring your own beer. There are enough people here who would probably supply your needs
Old 04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Dave Parker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 or 5 hours is too long a drive to race?????? You guys are spoiled! I live in Iowa and my closest track is almost 4 hours away. Last year was my first time at Putnam .... It's a good track for a 'small track'. I liked it better than Gingerman, but does not compare to MidOhio. .... It's even further, but you should consider hauling to Brainerd ... Great, fast track and always well organized.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pleased with Putnam. It was a ferociously long tow for us, but Danny's work schedule only allows limited windows to go racing, and that's what was in the window. Our home track is a 2.9 mile, 15 turn layout; when we do the 1.8 configuration it's split between a LONG straight and some really fiddly low-speed go-karty bits. In contrast, the 1.8 miles of Putnam is a nice, flowing, reasonable speed course. Only 1 turn offers the opportunity for rapid decelleration, and the ambiance is nice. Being in the middle of gently rolling crop fields is a bit surreal! I was on track while we were red flagged for a bit, and everyone shut their motors off. Going from sound & fury to total silence on a really pretty day really reinforced that we were out in the middle of a farm -- very peaceful.

Quick Reply: Putnam Park - Worth the Haul?