Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! RE: Das roll bar...Is mine for one with sunroof.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! RE: Das roll bar...Is mine for one with sunroof.

I don't have the time for a pre-fit of my DAS roll bar, now there is some confusion on whether I have the correct bar for my car or not, which has a sunroof. I cannot reach them till monday, and I was planning to paint it this wknd.

I was told that the bar for cars without the sunroof has a kink in the middle of the horizontal bar, mine may have one (which would mean I have the wrong one), but is very subtle. At the ends the the horizontal bar close to the roof is 13' from the lower horizontal bar where the shoulder belts would loop around and in the middle they are 13'5" apart. So, this difference may be the kink the rep. was talking about when he left a message for me, I don't see a visible kink...just a smooth arch but I feel a minor kink in the middle when I run my fingers across, and i am not certain whether this is what he meant?

So, for those who have the DAS bar, can you guy's please measure the height from the lower horizontal bar (which holds the shoulder belts) to the horizontal bar clost to the roof at it's ends and the mid point, and also tell me whether you have a sunroof or not. also, the DAS bolt-on roll bar I have are the newer version with the cross-beams.

I thank you guy's in advance...I was really looking forward to getting this thing done this wknd.

Jeeva
Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Noel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that Jeeva. Worst case senario, just install it unpainted and find out for sure. If it fits, then just run the weekend with it and paint it later. The beauty of the Das-bar is that it installs very easily. Usually, you just have to take out one seat (in a coupe).

Good luck. BTW, I sent you a PM with my mobile number for next weekend.

Quick Reply: Help! RE: Das roll bar...Is mine for one with sunroof.