Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I will be parting out a 944 soon and had a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005 | 09:26 PM
Alos
Instructor

Default I will be parting out a 944 soon and had a question

I will be parting out the parts car as soon as summer comes and I want to be able to get rid of what is left of the car without sending it to a junk yard. Meaning I have a hard time killing a porsche and wanted to know if people who race them could use a hull? I am still trying to make up my mind as to what to do with the rest of the car and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in usnig it for racing. It is an 86 944 white non turbo clean title. PM me and let me know if anyone could use something like that. It would not be until the summer however. I wouldn't be looking to make money on it just find it a new home.
Old 03-30-2005 | 10:16 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Sunroof car or non sunroof might be helpful
Old 03-31-2005 | 12:12 PM
Alos
Instructor

Sorry it is a sunroof car.
Old 03-31-2005 | 12:19 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

That may make it a little more difficult - the non-sunroof cars are more desireable as they are lighter, have a lower center of gravity, and are stiffer.

You also may want to mention if the tub is straight and/or accident free.

Don't give up hope, though. Post it on the classifieds when the time comes or on the 944 Cup site (www.44cup.com) and see what response you get.
Old 03-31-2005 | 01:29 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Unfortunately there are so many ratty 944s out there (no, not yours Matt) that I think you'll have a hard time selling it as a hull. It would take so much $$$ to turn it into a race car, most people start with a drivable car as a base.

Just my opinion, though. Good luck keeping it's soul alive...
Old 04-01-2005 | 04:34 AM
Alos
Instructor

I don't really want any money for the hull just someone to come pick it up and promis to use it. You know I don't need the money I bought the car for the tranni and some other parts. I just don't want to have to send it to the junk yard. I am not positive about the history of it but it was running before I bought it. I appreciate the sugestions, if you guys could use an extra hull this summer and you can get to MA let me know. Thankyou

Quick Reply: I will be parting out a 944 soon and had a question