Sponsored by:

Sebring Short Course Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005 | 10:59 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Talking Sebring Short Course Video

Here's a quick video clip from this weekend's Suncoast Region Sebring "short course"

26mb Video Clip Go ahead, kill some bandwidth, you're at work anyway!

The video starts w/ me catching up to my buddy Jim C. , we pass the BMW and chase around the track for a lap. Coming back through 3/4 I see a corner worker frantically waving a flag ....for a spin I can't see around the corner on 5. I raise my hand to acknowledge the flag. (No, it's not an in-car seizure) Jim checks up for the spin and gives me a point by.

Just another day at Sebring!

Last edited by BrokeAss; 03-29-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2005 | 01:57 AM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Cool

Your usual GREAT video work, Terry (I always watch the Flying Finn video before DE's). Puts a smile on my face to remember how much fun the day on the short course was! Regards, Doug
Old 03-30-2005 | 09:57 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug!
That was my first time driving the short course. It took a couple of laps to figure out the "crossover" section and to get used to the extra speed you carry through three. It was fun, but I wouldn't trade the long course for it. The nice thing was that you got to build a little rythmn - something that's hard to do on the 3.7 mile, 17 turn long course.

Hell on brakes wasn't it?

Next stop Homestead April 23-24 for the Gold Coast Region event.
Old 03-30-2005 | 11:01 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Cool

2 different SC guys borrowed my jack plate to help jack up their cars and bleed the brakes, only to find they had no front pads left...I almost overcooked the turn-in/crossover back to 3 on several occasions--saw more than one guy with serious brake lock-up there! It was great for perfecting braking points, apexes, etc., but you are right, can't beat the long course and it's "history", like bouncing through 17, close to the wall in 1, etc. Did I see you flagging at the first bridge on the run to 7? If so, thanks for the help! I was driving the Platinum SC Targa #44, in Blue Group. I watched you solo guys on the run from 7 up to 10 (I remember your Cab) and you looked fast! Well done.
I've never run at Homestead, but I'll have to get down there one of these days.
Regards, Doug
Old 03-31-2005 | 12:07 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Terri! Nice video! the short course looks like fun!!!

Quick Reply: Sebring Short Course Video