Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alt. DE Venues

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:09 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with TrumperZ06. The Viper Days DE's are great. A bit pricey, but very well organized and great pace on the track. They will assign transponders and give out time sheets for every session. The also have a "racing group" with open passing to if your car is appropriately equiped and you have a license. Fun to beat some Vipers too, but some of the well driven Vipers and Vettes that show up are certainly a challenge to keep up with. Chin Motorsports is another SE group that is pretty good. Large variety of marques and good instructors ( many from PCA ). They also have a long open track session every afternoon for those who just can't get enough. PCA events are always fun, but I'm glad I took the approach of trying out many different groups mostly based upon when I could get a free weekend. I havn't noticed any significant safety variation with any of the groups. Just about every weekend someone would have an "off" in the wrong spot and find something hard to hit. I think the track itself is more often a factor with incidents involving damage. Some tracks are more forgiving of a mistake, but they can all bite.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 PM
gerry100
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I'm one of those yokels that belongs to the BMWCCA - I recover the annual fee with the discount I get at one DE.

Quick Reply: Alt. DE Venues