Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone selling a 03-05 GT3 Cup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 04:00 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Post edited by Admin: Please read the Rennlist Charter for the rules on posting non-commercial for sale messages on the boards. Refer to chapter 12.
Old 03-22-2005 | 10:27 PM
gpennington
Intermediate

Glen, i just saw your message. You are correct, I raced the red GT3 street car at Sebring, totally stock as far as suspension goes. It was great. I started out 43rd and finished 13th I think. A great race once I got used to the car. There was only one other B car, who had substantial suspension upgrades. I wish there was something that PCA could do to truly keep the street cars street cars for purposes of equality. I don't get why a guy would buy a perfectly good street GT3 and try and make it a cup car as far as suspension goes. If you want that, buy a Cup car. Otherwise, enjoy the true performance of the factory street car. I did race in the SuperCup race last year at Indy in my old GT3 car which Ken Kennedy owns now. My performance was not great. The setup with the Michelin tires was way off. It was our first time on those tires. I got beat by guys I had been beating everywhere else. Very dissappointing, so much, I hung it up for six (6) months. Road Atlanta will be my first race back in a cup car. I can't wait.
Old 03-22-2005 | 11:04 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by gpennington
Glen, i just saw your message. You are correct, I raced the red GT3 street car at Sebring, totally stock as far as suspension goes. It was great. I started out 43rd and finished 13th I think. A great race once I got used to the car. There was only one other B car, who had substantial suspension upgrades. I wish there was something that PCA could do to truly keep the street cars street cars for purposes of equality. I don't get why a guy would buy a perfectly good street GT3 and try and make it a cup car as far as suspension goes. If you want that, buy a Cup car. Otherwise, enjoy the true performance of the factory street car. I did race in the SuperCup race last year at Indy in my old GT3 car which Ken Kennedy owns now. My performance was not great. The setup with the Michelin tires was way off. It was our first time on those tires. I got beat by guys I had been beating everywhere else. Very dissappointing, so much, I hung it up for six (6) months. Road Atlanta will be my first race back in a cup car. I can't wait.
Thats exciting, looking forward to getting You back in the game! Now if we could drag Longano, Wilson and Cohn back that would be great also. I just sold my 01 and hope to have its replacement soon, perhaps by RA also. If so, I will be there and look forward to trying it again. Last year that track kicked my tail! lol
Old 03-22-2005 | 11:15 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Glen,

Glad to hear you sold the 01!

I nearly bought G.Pennington's old '03 but the owner Ken missed the '05 he wanted so he kept it. I think I have an '04 now. Am registered in E in Atlanta and getting a hard time moving to GTC3. Maybe I'll run the cup car in E and see how that goes LOL! Registered for Ohio anyway... and 5 IMSA races

Good luck with a new car, my friend's dad may be bringing his clean '03 from Germany to the USA to sell, it's a real nice one (new engine, 04 updates etc).

Or you can jump on the 05 car on rennlist for a measly $175K

My '73 "RS" is running again, better than ever, shame it may sit in the garage.

have fun!
Old 03-23-2005 | 07:28 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Jim,

You may want to do to the classifieds. There's an '05 for sale there for 175.

Dave
Old 03-23-2005 | 07:38 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

www.lizardms.com has the flying lizard 2004 cup for sale. Would take a bit to make it gtc3 legal, but one hell of an interesting car in all the forms they've run it.
Old 03-23-2005 | 09:38 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for all your help. The car wasn't for me, but rather Jeff Stone at Kelly Moss was looking for one for a customer, the guy wanted to race in the IMSA series.

I saw the classified and actually received a PM from the seller. I don't want to comment much on the asking price, but I hope if he gets it, it makes my 993 Supercup worth more money
Old 03-24-2005 | 07:55 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Due to confusion in filling out forms, IMSA has extended the deadline for those wishing to race at Atlanta. Anyone interested should immediately contact IMSA.
Old 03-25-2005 | 01:37 AM
Laura
Pro

Hey Bob,

Everything is in the works, hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Laura
Old 03-26-2005 | 02:07 PM
gt3cup
Instructor

If anyone else is looking, I have an '02 in the classifieds. I am asking all the money, but I have done all the updates and the car is absolutely fresh. As I see it, unless your name is Sasha or Wolf you would probably be just as fast in this car as one of the now "rarified" '03-'05 cars.

Quick Reply: Anyone selling a 03-05 GT3 Cup?