Sebring Track Notes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sebring Track Notes

I'm heading to Sebring this week - not only will it be my first time to Sebring but it will be my first club race.
Anyone have any track notes they'd be willing to share? I've found a number of videos but would be interested in any notes that some might have on brake points, turn in points, apex location, etc...
If you'd like to email them, my address is rfairwea@yahoo.com.
Thanks much,
Rick
Old 02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Rick,

www.na-motorsports.com/tracks/sebring.php that should give you the info you are looking for.

I have only raced Sebring once 2 years ago. The track talk is full of information. Early Friday morning they let new people pile in SUV's or whatever and take a few laps. The track is easy to learn not as tough as say Watkins Glen. Talk to the drivers around you on the grid and follow a local for a few laps.

See you in Sebring!

Walczak
Old 02-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/RoadCourses.html

try that one.

Also this is not a time trial. Don't get too hung up on turn in points and the perfect line. The line is whats left for you to drive on and that line will determine your speed. You will have a ball.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Rick,

Try this thread from last year.

Good luck in your first race!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing my first race at Sebring during PBOC's Winterfest, here are a couple of pointers I'd give to you. Bring something to lye on if you have to get under the car, the wet grass/ground sucks to lay on if it rains. Bring some wood to put your jack stands and jack on when you jack up the car. Don't work on the car after it gets dark, you'll be tired and you'll start using too many floor jacks to jack up a car with air jacks (don't ask why I know this, just don't do it!) Now to the track, take T1 easy the first few laps, get a feel for the bumps and what the car will do, I went ***** out first lap and almost nailed the inside of turn one on my very first practice lap. Late apex 3,4, &5. Watch out for dive bompbers at 3, 7, 10, 13, 15(ton of grip) and 16. When it comes to 17, there's many different theories on the craziness that is T17 at Sebring. Try to turn in a bit still on throttle, straighten up, do all braking, then yank the wheel, floor it, and hang on! Becareful at T3 in the first lap, probably will be a traffic jam there. You can also brake way later at all turns than you think you can on first impression. The place is awesome and I can't wait to go back later in the year! Good luck and have fun!!!

Quick Reply: Sebring Track Notes