Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 04:43 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '76 911 Seat advice

Hi Group,

Hope everyoone had a wonderful Holiday season. We did, with the kids and family all home for a few days. Great times.

I am going to restore/replace the seats in the subject car, and hope to draw on the wisdom of the group.

If I go with recovering the seats, who is the best source for OEM look/quality seat covers? What should I explect to pay for the covers, and for subsequent installation?

If I replace the seats, what are my options regarding later seats. I am large, but like support. Also I am wondering what is involved in wiring for later power seats? I have the skills to do it myself, if I know what I am getting into. Is it worth the effort and extra cost for the greater adjustability?

Last, I will likely do carpet at the same time. Again, I am looking for recommendations on who to go to and what materials are best. I have a tan interior, BTW.

I an also toying with the idea of going to aftermarket street/track type seats, depending on cost and my ability to get into and out of them. What about comfort for "She Who Must...?" I doubt she'd appreciate a close bucket for long, nor prehaps would I. Everything is a compromise on a dual purpose car isn't it?

Well, thanks for any guidance the group can give. It is appreciated.

Quick Reply: '76 911 Seat advice