Sponsored by:

Rain driving techniques

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCP911S
John H... your avatar speaks eloquently about your experience driving in the rain... you have track cred.
Nah. He just let Ghettoracer try it out.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:14 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

That was from driving in the dry. You should see me when it's wet! Honestly, if it's really wet, I will not go out. Ask me how I know about the 3 spin rule OVR imposes at DE events. What's funny is that when the track was drying during a race qualifying session, I qualified very well on Hoosiers (with no spins I might add) compared to guys who eventually put seconds on me a lap during the dry race.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:39 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I love driving in the rain.... its the spinning I hate... if the car does let go, you don't have much to slow you down but Armco and trees. i generally will not do DE in the rain.... whats the point?

My biggest problem is visibility. I remember one time at the Glen it was pouring, I was soaked, and going up the esses in practice when the water evaporating from my suit fogged up the windows. I could not see S**T. (Needless the say the defroster in my racecar hasn't worked since forever.)

Suddenly this guy in a white car cuts right inside me at the apex of the left hander... I didn;t see him until he was beside me about two inches off my door. Talk about scary..... I Just gave pit in signal, and I had to drive the whole way around virtually blind....

F that!

Quick Reply: Rain driving techniques