Sponsored by:

What ever happened to Ghetto Racer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 10:09 AM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

M in C is a trouble maker with way too much time on his hands.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:47 PM
JoelG
Advanced

Originally Posted by carreracup21
To bad, I really want him to drove my car
you can! just sign up for his "high end race school"! check this out:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1083779&page=2

I suspect he's gonna get banned from H-T again pretty soon

joel
Old 12-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

More from the Trak Ho Supa Stah! off the link posted by JoelG.

1) "although the F430 beats baby Lambo, I'm willing to put down at least 75% of the driver can probably drive the Gallardo faster than the F430, especially with drivers aids turn off. It's like the 996 GT3. It's a bad *** hardware, but... if you're not fresh, you're gonna spin out or wreck it as plenty of rich folks who haven't pay their dues in seat time proves.
last thursday we did a 7 lap fun race. my student asked me to "race" his Evo8. we went bumper to bumper with a very well driven 996 GT3. GT3 was on good street tires, we were on yoko a048. he had a better balanced car with good power, gearing, brakes and handling. our car makes about 350 whp so we have edge in power, but we're about 250 lbs heavier. both cars have passenger riding. our evo8 pushes moderately at the corners, and had less than ideal braking. so it was pretty evenly match between the 2 cars. i'm probably a more experienced driver but he is no slouch.

i tried to set him up for passes and would get slightly better exit than him on the exits but having to shift into 5th = greatly reduced acceleration due to gearing... thus the car goes from slightly reeling him in to dead even after i shift into 5th gear on t8 and front straight. i could've passed him if i dive bomb him but this was just a fun race no need for that. best lap of 1:36.6 (can't remember if we had a clean lap; he was holding us up, just slightly). not too shabby for a full street trim car except for 100 oct race gas. with out the 220 lbs passenger, it's a 1:35 car for sure. maybe dip into 1:34. add better rotation and braking. low 1:34 or ... who knows!! 350 whp and current safe handling it was hitting 140 mph on the front straight no problem. GT3 was slightly annoyed because our 40k (including mods) car kept up with his 100k car no problem. he was working the GT3 pretty hard, while i can honestly say, we were pretty much just chilling in the Evo8, and drove it at a very controlled but quick 9.5/10th. AWD has its advantages... they can be setup to be pretty darn fast, while still remain easy to drive."

2) my whole point is, properly setup AWD will be easier to drive than a RWD car... so as a matter of fact, all things being equal - driver skill, power, weight, the AWD will be easier to drive, and probably be slightly faster because of AWD advantage. why do you think AWD always gets a weight penalty?
here's a datalog from the fun race just FWIW.

3) 1) i was behind, observing GT3's actions. believe me he did doing pretty impressive stuff with it. the gentleman driving it is a "student" of our club however, he is running some TransAm races next year so... we'll see how he does.
2) the lap times gave some general ideas. ITA records is 1:36.x at this track. generally speaking matching or beating ITA reords in any track on street tires is pretty good at any given track. besides, this is just some fun comparison based on my view, nothing more, nothing less.

3) agreed, it depends on driver's preference. real drivers would generally hate the understeer most "street" AWD cars provides. i know to me a neutral car or even slightly tail happy car is "safer" than a car that pushes slightly; at least i can get it to turn, and counter. wheras a car that pushes, you typically just have to wait until front end catches up.

4) ditto. for the most part. given the "all things being" equal condition, i'd still give the edge to awd. think about it, would a car that's 100% rwd vs. 15f/85r bias be faster out of the corners?! properly setup AWD suspension ought to rotate pretty darn well my friend. have you driven a Stasis setup Audi AWD? they're awesome!! point & shoot.

[random thoughts] i think everytime i give a statement with some figures like "9.5/10th" ppl just get.. umm, what's the word, offensive somewhat and start looking for holes. just take my stories/reviews for what they're worth. i know there are lot of better drivers than me out there. i also know that i probably drive better than some of the magazine writers. standard discalimer ought to go on my writesups: IMHO, YMMV!!

4) wut dude?!?! and i thought you're "The REAL sKiLLz mAstA". isn't it just put the hammer down on the loud pedal and go? maybe slightly counter steer? certainly doens't require as much finesse on the gas pedal as pure RWD does.

5) wtf to yourself. obviously you're not at the level to understand high end race school. look up these names and get a clue. Craig Stanton, Bill Auberlen, Cort Wagner. many race oriented school teaches simulated races.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:32 PM
DAR951
Pro

Ghetto's first post has been edited earlier today... not that what remains isn't incriminating enough, but are we missing anything "good" Joel???

I notice he now referrs to himself as the "FORMER track ***** supah stahhh" so a million pages of critical posts over the course of a year has had some impact...
Old 12-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a world in a few years where there are many little 'Ghetto racers' out there who have learned from the great, almighty GR. (All hail!)

They will be tracking their soupped up grocery-getter Honduhs, looking for 'friendly' DE races against GT2's and GT3's, and looking to ride in as many other cars as possible. All so they can post their fine accomplishments in their little message board forums. (So folks like us have something to do all day besides work! )

Like in the Matrix movies, if that ever comes to pass, I'd like to be the one who hits the 'reset' button on that world!
-Z-man.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Poster by GR on Honda Tech:

haha. that couldn't be further than the truth. i told the student it's not a good idea for me to run in the race in his car. in fact i wanted to run my own delsol (i'm certain it ran faster than his evo8, due to much faster cornering speed and balance which gives much higher exit speed).
he keep oh saying come on run my car i want to see how it will do. he told me to go along i said no way, if i'm driving it he's coming along for the ride. he had the best time of his life and keeps on ask me to enter it into other stuff (like the JGTC time trial this weekend).

get you and your gay vocab outta my face and stay away from my threads. have you guys look up who Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton, and Cort Wagner are, do you know what they have done? I teach in the same club as them. On the same day, to the same students. I got nothing to prove to you guys.
So my question still begs! Who lets that idiot instruct in their club??? I guess they would love to have a lawsuit on their hands then next time this moron smashes a students car and hurt someone with this Cowboy attitude.

I guess certain things I just don't get!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
JoelG
Advanced

Originally Posted by DAR951
Ghetto's first post has been edited earlier today... not that what remains isn't incriminating enough, but are we missing anything "good" Joel???
dunno. I wasn't following it until I noticed RJ post the "wtf?" (RJ's a friend of mine so I usually check his posts) and went back and read some of the crap Frank wrote. Clearly, he has not come to Jesus.

I think it may be time to bust out the haiku again

joel
Old 12-15-2004, 04:29 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally Posted by JoelG

I think it may be time to bust out the haiku again

joel
That and BE grilling techniques...

Woahhh... just went back to the HT thread (didn't recall reading the amount of flame that DJF1 posted)... It's gotten MUCH better... Frank back to his old self in force.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

"get you and your gay vocab outta my face and stay away from my threads. have you guys look up who Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton, and Cort Wagner are, do you know what they have done?"

Question is, do Bill Auberlen, Craig Stanton and Cort Wagner know who Ghettoracer is?

Just read the the last page of the Honda thread. Still laughing. Especially the part about the EVO student basically giving up his paid track time for the thrill of riding with GR and letting him flog his car. Someone needs to post a link to the famous Rennlist GR thread on the Honda board.

Last edited by Carrera51; 12-15-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Guess who's back
back again
Ghetto's back
Tell your friends

Got that Eminem song in my head.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:49 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally Posted by DJF1
So my question still begs! Who lets that idiot instruct in their club??? I guess they would love to have a lawsuit on their hands then next time this moron smashes a students car and hurt someone with this Cowboy attitude.
The probelm (or blessing?) is that as far as I can tell, except for the Miata "incident" (which was on his first race weekend... so no student), he hasn't openly bent a student's car. Yes, this guy is a wreck looking for a place to happen, and the effects of letting him drove ones car may well not be felt for a while, but by the grace of God, huge amounts of luck, and alert other drivers, he and, far more importantly, his would-be victims/students haven't yet hit anything solid...

It's only a matter of time if he keeps managing to get out on a track...
Old 12-15-2004, 07:12 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Evo 8 beats a GT3? Huh? And he's saying that while running :36's and :37's in the Mitsu at Willow?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Hubert
Instructor

Frank's reared his head at one of the "Honduh" forums I visit.

I believe his signature says it all:
"tha numbah uno track *****. fawk all u gay posers."

I'm pretty sure he's instructing for:this club.

He keeps talking about Cort Wagner , et al (who've made guest apperances at this club's functions) and Willow Springs (which this club
runs, exclusivly.)

Last edited by Hubert; 12-15-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:06 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Can you imagine plopping down $600 for a track day and then they stick you with GR. Run away !!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:20 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Stanton, Wagner, no
Ghetto drove better, go blow
Your key, and I'll show

Quick Reply: What ever happened to Ghetto Racer?