Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Topeka, Kansas PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004 | 05:18 PM
bucking
Instructor

Default Topeka, Kansas PCA Club Race

Was anyone at the PCA club race in Topeka, Kansas this weekend and see Phil Collin of the Chicago area absolutely devour the field in his liquid-cooled GT3R powered Fabcar built and prepared by Sol Snyderman's Perfect Power? The car was fantastic and was clearly the class of the small but diverse field of well prepared and well driven Porsches. The track, Heartland Park, is set to see many improvements under the ownership and management of Raymond Irwin, who also owns Blackhawk. Great job Philip; can't wait to see you and Perfect Power back in Topeka!
Old 11-01-2004 | 07:48 PM
dbanazek
Intermediate

I was there, Phil's car sounds just like an RSR cup car, so that was my guess as to what the motor was, which was confirmed when I went poking around it. I had a great time there for my first event there. Things were going well when I qualified 3rd overall in my GT3 car. Then some loose bolts resulted in a DNF, the DNF resulted in starting at the back of the pack, and a little over exuberent passing resulted in a 13/13. Still a great time and I will be back.

According to Vicki the steward, they have $15 million to complete repave the track among other improvements. I can't wait.
Old 11-02-2004 | 10:36 AM
bucking
Instructor

Dave: Glad you could come to Topeka. Refresh my recollection, which car was yours? Was it the grey( not really "grey" but a deeper shade) GT3? In any event, I hope you enjoyed Heartland Park. Raymond Irwin has some great plans for the facility and with SCCA "next door" at Forbes Field the future is really good for the facility. Look to see you again in Topeka.
Old 11-02-2004 | 10:47 AM
Glenn from Denver
Instructor

Dave,

How did you get the 13?
Old 11-02-2004 | 02:10 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

How was the new section at the flag station and the entry to the main str8?

What was your method taking the new turn at the flag staton?

Love to hear since I could not make it to see myself! TIA
Old 11-02-2004 | 05:55 PM
dbanazek
Intermediate

I had the #73 Orange 73 RSR look 911.

I got the 13 by trying to pass an E car in the "bus stop" after starting at the back. I was ahead on the left hand portion. I thought I was by him on the right hand portion and came over to the right apex but his left front wheel was still next to my right rear.

My method of taking the new flag station turn was to chicken out. The right method was to get far left, onto the track in white line, aim for the spot you think the curbing is on the right, which you want to get next to but not hit, don't lift (that's the part I coould never get right), experience the vertigo as you become weightless and your engine revs as the wheels spin, keep the wheel straight and collect yourself as the car come back to the ground.

Quick Reply: Topeka, Kansas PCA Club Race