Sponsored by:

Anyone using P-zero corsas on 18'

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using P-zero corsas on 18'

Anyone using P-zero corsa's, how do you guy's like it, how would you compare it to other R-compounds in terms of tread life, grip etc.

Also, what is the recommended camber setting for these, does the factory setting need to be changed (I THINK factory setting is -0.5, correct me if I am wrong, and can the cambre be changed in a stock C4S ?).

If camber change is needed, how to swap between street and corsa's, assuming one doesn't want to use R-compounds to the track, and doesn't want uneven wear on the street tires with the wrong cambre.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:06 PM
sonny1
Banned

I love em',better than hoosiers,they last more.,cheers,Sonny.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:42 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I'm running the Corsa-Rs on the car full time now. I just did an event at Buttonwillow with them and they were very nice. I'm not experienced enough to compare to other Rs as my only others were Kumhos with a hard life on 'em.
They have been OK here on the street in the rain, but they still have tread.
I did increase my camber to -2 in the rear and -1.5 in the front. It is a compromise setting, but so far I'm pleased, except for my 58 mph wobble that I have been unable to cure even after two new tires on the left front and three balances and wheel run-out check.
Perhaps Jim Brady can chime in, as he runs them on his 993TT and has far more experience than moi.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

993 Rennlister Anir uses the Pirelli's. PM him for more info.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:29 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

I found them to be the best compromise for street and track. For track, you'll need -2 deg. camber for full contact patch to get the max from the tire. Faster than MPSC by over a second at Willow Springs. First set had some chunking on the front, I think due to high ambient temps and not enough
neg. camber. I haven't had the wobble issue that Scott has becasue I drive over 58 mph.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:10 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Oh you can SO bite me!
Old 10-28-2004, 10:08 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I haven't had the wobble issue that Scott has becasue I drive over 58 mph.

Good one, Scott wait till you try third gear.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeeva,

As Mark mentioned, I have used the older version P-Zero C's at Putnam Park, Mid Ohio, and Road America DE's (no races). They held up very well. Very nice for street driving as long as there's no deeper standing water. Excellent compromise R-compound, but I doubt they're as fast as Hoosiers if you're really serious about lap times or want to race. Also, my experience does not extend to the newer Corsas.

I ran -1.6 front and -2.5 rear. One of the big advantages at the time was the fact that the P-Zero C's were available in a 245/35-18 front, which dialed out my car's inherent understeer when mated with the stock 285/30-18 rears. Unfortunately, I don't think the Corsas are available in a 245/35-18, which is why I bought some Dunlop R-compounds recently for the street.

Good luck.

Last edited by Anir; 10-30-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:57 PM
kary993
Drifting

Jeeva, you might also take apeek at the Dunlop Super Sport Race tires. Very nice for both street and track. Do a search for opinions.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:39 AM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, I know I responded to this thread but don't see it here. Must have used invisble ink.

Anyway, I love 'em. Had/have them on my 968, 8x18 & 10x18 Porsche BBS wheels (currently on my 2nd set). Wear was even, no chunking. On my newer (second) set, I did one decent heat cycle at WGI, then removed the wheels and let them sit (laid them down flat on the garage floor, not vertical) for 24 hours, while I used the older set for the remainder of the day. This worked well.

Tires have excellent adhesion and are good in the rain too. Overall performance was excellent. They warm up to operating temp quickly. These tires will NOT last as long as say MPSC's or RA-1's , but for me (meaning, the way I drive), it's a better choice than the MPSC.

I could not get them in 17", so I have yet to try a set on my 911. I'm hoping that Pirelli will continue this tire for a couple of years at least, since it seems that whenever I find a tire that I really like, shortly thereafter the manufacturer discontinues that model.

BTW, I have a trailer so I do not drive the car to the track, but can see no reason wny this isn't an okay tire to get you to the track and home.

Richard

Quick Reply: Anyone using P-zero corsas on 18'