Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody going to Road Atlanta this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 09:56 AM
mm86911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim - glad to hear you'll have it together for this month . Regarding component failures - you got me there - I've had a few suspension failures but I did manage to notice the issue before catastrophe. Now gravel on the track. . . I figure it would help absorb some of that anti-freeze left on the track from the water pumpers
Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 AM
84-944
Instructor

Talking

Tim, you should have gotten one of those guys in the pic to give you a push.....
Old 10-12-2004, 11:04 AM
David Danhof
Addict
Rennlist Member

A930, I signed up for the event friday and A, which I run in was sold out. B was painfully slow but not a lot of traffic. I run 1:44-1:47 and was held up quite a bit, but given my late entry I could not complain. I was able to watch some of the A sessions, interesting mix of cars including a new 997S. and a very quick 996TT cab. I had two friends running in A (burgundy 69 911, white 74 rsr body 3.2) that I was looking forward to running with, especially give Panoz loose rules. We were able to run the last session togather.

In defense of Panoz track days, I always compliment them on treating participants like adults, unlike PCA & BMW. I believe thier higher than the norm ancident rate is largely due to the broad spectrum of participants & vehicles (exploding SHO's for example), unlike the higher quality vehicles and more prepard drivers in other events. Saturdays seem to have the worst record, I have never run the Saturday event, but you can usually count on seeing a banged up car or two parked behind the tech shed on Sunday AM.

Tim, what happened @ PBOC? did I miss the thread of an incident? You can alway run the 993 at the 10/30 DE.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stupid mistake on my part in the rain.

Hydroplaned at top of esses and ended up against the concrete wall on the left side at the start of Turn 5. Mostly cosmetic damage. I had the wheel turned right at impact and control arm was bent. Door would open and window would go up and down. If control had not been bent, I would have pulled out the fenders and raced on sunday afternoon.

In regard to 993 on track. No, No, No.

924 will be ready by the end of the month for the DE and CMP Club Race in early November.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:04 PM
84-944
Instructor

Tim, are you taking instructor class on Friday, had lunch with Ian and Kerry yesterday. Told him (Ian) he could be my next bump drafting partner......

Do you or do you know anyone that has any GOOD used front 16" So4's? Have to conserve for a while.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:51 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Tim,

Stopped by and saw the car yesterday, I was impressed! I didn't think you could get that thing going fast enough to do that much damage.

I know turn 5 well, I think you prbably covered up the marks I left there last November.

See you at the end on the month!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:46 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

David,

I really liked the rsr bodied 911. It was very nice looking and it looked like he and the burgandy 911 were having fun. My friend in the sleeper brown Mustang like to do the same.

I like the Panoz track days as well. It's run a little looser, but most people who run there have prior experience and it's nice to be able to take friends for rides. People who who come out to watch can ride and get a feel for what you do. I've seen more than one person barf though when getting out of the car. LOL

Originally Posted by David Danhof
A930, I signed up for the event friday and A, which I run in was sold out. B was painfully slow but not a lot of traffic. I run 1:44-1:47 and was held up quite a bit, but given my late entry I could not complain. I was able to watch some of the A sessions, interesting mix of cars including a new 997S. and a very quick 996TT cab. I had two friends running in A (burgundy 69 911, white 74 rsr body 3.2) that I was looking forward to running with, especially give Panoz loose rules. We were able to run the last session togather.

In defense of Panoz track days, I always compliment them on treating participants like adults, unlike PCA & BMW. I believe thier higher than the norm ancident rate is largely due to the broad spectrum of participants & vehicles (exploding SHO's for example), unlike the higher quality vehicles and more prepard drivers in other events. Saturdays seem to have the worst record, I have never run the Saturday event, but you can usually count on seeing a banged up car or two parked behind the tech shed on Sunday AM.

Tim, what happened @ PBOC? did I miss the thread of an incident? You can alway run the 993 at the 10/30 DE.

Quick Reply: Anybody going to Road Atlanta this weekend?