Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 04:15 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 475 Posts
Default Rennlist Watkins Glen DE update

Hello eveyone,
I am toying with the idea of adding a novice group as there seems to be a bit of interest in one. At this point I could ad the novice group without problem and, of course, keep the same run grouping and track time breakdown as originally listed. That is 3 groups of not more than 37 cars each with 5 - 28 minute sessions per group per day.

I am trying to gauge interest so if anyone would like to jump in in the novce group (rate would be about $275) let me know in this thread. Also, if this happens I would need instructors (rate for instructor would be about $190 or so) for the novices. I want to reapeat that this will in no way effect the structure of the event, still lots of track time with sufficiant open track for all. Thanks.

Jamie
Old 09-20-2004, 10:15 AM
ZBlue996Kam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the event date?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:42 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fellow Rennlisters,

I have put together and will be hosting a DE and banquet at Watkins Glen, Monday and Tuesday October 18th and 19th. This event will consist primarily of Rennlist members and will be a good opportunity to mix with fellow listers as well as get lots of quality track time for a great price. John D. will be along for the ride as well as a couple of other quasi celebrities from the online world. The details are as follows:

Price will be $255 per driver and will include:
2 days of DE with just 3 run groups each day. Each group limited to 37 cars.
5 - 28 minute sessions per day for a total of almost 2 1/2 hrs. of track time per/day
Continental breakfast in the garage each day.
Light lunch in the garage each day.
Dinner banquet at the Glen Club (overlooking the esses) Monday night.
Garage space on a first come first served basis.

Total registration will be limited to 111 cars so there will be lots of run time and lots of open track. The Glen is over 3 miles in length so there will be plenty of room out there with run groups limited to 37 cars. Run groups will be intermediate and advanced with instrustors available on a first come first served basis. I am sorry, but there will be no novice group for this event. There will be no work assignments.

In addition there will be banquet tickets availble at a cost of $30 per person for those wishing to attend the banquet but not the DE. Even if you don't wish to track your car this is a great time to check out other members rides and well as show off your own. Those wishing to can have thier name left at the main gate to get access to the garage area. Also, the Glen allows the public to take laps at lunch for a nominal fee. This is a great oppurtunty to drive the track at a more liesurley pace.

Those wishing to attend can respond to me directley at Jford66@aol.com for an application and to have any questions answered. I look forward to meeting and driving with some of you at the Glen in October. Thanks.

I have created a web page on Rennlist for this event, it contains both event information and an application. The link is members.rennlist.com/watkinsglende/

Thanks
Jamie Ford
Old 09-20-2004, 06:05 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 475 Posts

Thanks Lewis.

Jamie

Quick Reply: Rennlist Watkins Glen DE update