Sponsored by:

Road America Countdown

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004 | 05:36 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Road America Countdown

I've had a desire to drive this track in a P-car for over a year now, having been to a Skippy School there in May 2003, and am excited about the event this weekend. I'm looking forward to the racing, and hope to meet a bunch of fellow rennlisters. There are supposed to be quite a few HWFMR team members there, and I'm sure that we'll be having lots of fun. My car will be near the Autosport Werks transporter, so stop by and say hello if you're near it. I'll be making the rounds in the paddock and hope to meet as many people as possible.

Here's to a great weekend at an awesome track!

Old 09-01-2004 | 05:42 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's to keeping our cars on the track and actually racing rather than parading around under yellow.

See you at the pond Skip.
Old 09-01-2004 | 05:52 PM
James Achard
Pro

I can't wait!! RA is fantastic! Looking forward to seeing some folks there too. I'm car #71 and will be camping at the track.

Cheers, James
Old 09-01-2004 | 06:05 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

I'm pumped up! This looks like it will be a great weekend. I've never driven the track before, so I hope its easy to pick up.

How many of yall are doing the enduro?
Old 09-01-2004 | 06:45 PM
James Achard
Pro

Enduro is the best part of the weekend!!! I'm in..
Old 09-01-2004 | 06:54 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will be leaving tommorrow AM from CT, Hope to get my Tech done Thursday-PM, and onto the help w/ the Turtle Pond or vise/versa
I'm doing the DE, Red '91 C2, #174, w/ Red Cup Racing Trailer, usually parked up on the flat just past the Medical Office to the left. We get a good view of everyone jockying for space @ Turn 1!
Hope to meet more Rennlisters this year! From what I hear, I won't have too much trouble as we're staying @ the Victorian Village
Bill
Old 09-01-2004 | 07:17 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Mike and I will secure the paddock space just past the gas pumps in the middle of the paddock area. As you drive past the pumps we will be 1 row past the filling station. Mike, Kirsten, Jeff and I will stake out the spot with yellow caution tape. Our cars will be parked on the other side of the road on the prime concrete slab which will serve as our makeshift garage for the weekend. Look for Mike's black 944 S2 with the big turtle on the hood, my red 944 S2 # 400, Kirstens silver Boxter and Jeffs red 944 Turbo. Just mention HWFM and we will find a place for you to park your rigs! If we miss you in the paddock, you will find us at Sebkins bar in HWFM gear.
Safe trip to everyone! See you there
Old 09-01-2004 | 08:51 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

On another note, which corners are the best for action pics. I'm not driving on sat and sun so I'll be spending some time shooting some pics of you guys out there.
Old 09-01-2004 | 09:12 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I'll be there by 4pm.

Eric - I'm going to try to pass thorugh Chicago between 11:30 & noon; I'll ring on the cell to see if we can drive the rest of the way together...maybe I can draft behind you!!!!
Old 09-01-2004 | 10:58 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Hey guys -- or should I say Howdy since I spent that last two asnd a half weeks in Wyoming computerless.

I flew back for this event and am really looking forward to it, and seeing a lot of HWFMR teammates and Rennlisters.

I was wondering what SOB got my regular Chicago region number - 71 - but that was SOB you James. You must have had your app in right away. As a consolation, I now have #1, which is pretty aqmuzing when you think about it. In fact, you ay sneak up on a few people when they see that number in their mirror James.

I will bring some posters patches and stickers to the pond for all the Le Mans contributors.

Phil -- a great shot is loking up track from the road bridge between 12 and 14. It's the bridge you'll cross getting to the paddock from the registration building.

Eric gave all the details on our likely location for the pond, and what cars to look for.
Schwartz's for meals and Seiblkens for team meetings. We hope to get the Le Mans banner on the ceiling this year.
Old 09-01-2004 | 11:08 PM
Laura
Pro

I am trying to get there! I'm still at the shop in So Cal taking care of Porsche Owners Club newbies going to the Streets of Willow, then go home, pack and leave tomorrow morning to Milwaukee. Transport and crew are there waiting. I have no idea where we will be parked, I believe Racer's Group put us next to them and then AASCO on the other side of us. We'll see where PCA puts us. Look for 3 black and day glo orange Cup cars in a row, plus another. All running GTC3. That would be us . Looking to have a good weekend, a safe weekend, no carnage weekend. See ya.

Quick Reply: Road America Countdown