Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Glen built sacred ground?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Jim @ EuroWerks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Glen built sacred ground?

everytime we take the rolex car there, stupid things happen that screw up our chance of a good finish. For instance the 1st visit this year the intake tubes (middle) popped out when we were hit by a DP and spun.Then laps later the side that was hit the tail pipe broke off which housed the o2 sensor . the bare wires then shorted out against the body and blew the ecu fuse shutting the car down on the other side of the track from us. I could go on, but it just gets worse. Is the track built on sacred indian burial grounds or something. This stuff only happens there, and yes it is a beutiful place. As you guys can tell, for some reason my spell ck isn't working.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Jim @ EuroWerks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any of you guys that have you gt3 cup motors out, it would probably be good if you could make a strap to go around the intake to hold it together as we are not the only ones to have this problem. Also it would be a good idea to pull the headlight plugs out of the bracket and somehow fasten them to the headlight itself. Any kind of hit in the front can dislodge them easily and then they ofcourse they don't work.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim: I believe you are right that the Glen is built on sacred ground or something:
- A couple of years ago, my H2O pump gave up on me on the back straight at about 120mph.

- Last year, my arrival to the Glen was delayed by the blackout of 2003. Got up to the area only to find my hotel room was not opened as the hotel staff had been told to do!

- This past weekend, I had some major cooling issues and later on, a low oil pressure condition that sidelined me most of the weekend.

Hmmm - wonder if it's the ghost of some racer seeking revenge...
-Z.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Glen IS sacred ground....

Funny, I have "the curse of the Glen".

Last year my transponder wire came loose the second lap of qualifying... of all the freakin' times for that to happen!!!! Then a spark plug wire came off during the race...whaaa?

This year my shoulder harness came unbuckled during the race... 14 years thats never ever happened.... ever.... only at the Glen.

Quick Reply: Is the Glen built sacred ground?