Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pagid pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:52 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, pretty late. I was given a heads up to this thread by a shop I provide pads to - the yellows are IMO the pad of choice. So ya like the brown color the backing plate turns to?

By my experience - & take this how you may - the oranges have their place:
Lighter cars
Moderate braking tracks
Weather moderate

There seems to be issues with Oranges on SCs/Carreras for track use regarding pad deposition.
PLEASE.......try the yellows....from an enthusiasts standpoint. For all cars. They are the all around best pad available, unless you want full tilt bite for racing - then use the blacks. The oranges are getting a bit old in the tooth.

Craig
Rennstore
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone tried the "new" yellows, RS 29? http://www.pagidusa.com/pagidracing/...teristics.html
Old 01-21-2005, 09:50 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Well, a bit late, but to update, I used the PF 97s at Watkins Glen, and had no problems. They seemed to wear pretty well, about the same as Pagid Oranges. WG isn't so hard on pads, though, if the temp. is below 90. As an aside, I used Pagid Blacks on my Audi S4, which is much heavier than the 993. I had used Oranges, but the pad deposition was bad due to over-heating. On the Audi, the Blacks worked very well.
The yellows sound like they will be my next pad, after I use up my shelf of back-ups and half used everything else.

Quick Reply: Pagid pads