Sponsored by:

Metro NY PCA DE @ WGI

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 09:54 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Metro NY PCA DE @ WGI

Metro NY is having a DE at WGI at the end of the month. Who is going? My Dad and I are still on the waiting list, but we are anxious to get in (first event of the year unfortunately).

If we don't get in for that one, the first DE for us will probably be either Pocono in Sept (Reisentoter PCA) or Performance Driving Assoc. in Oct.

Ugh, we've lost so much time this year and we may have started registering too late to get ANY in this year.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:17 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry...

Doing NNJR/WGI the 20-22.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

NNJR kinda rubbed us the wrong way. Didn't really want to let us in the event because we tried to register too close to the event and they didn't really know us all that well.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 819 Likes on 416 Posts

NNJR events often sell out on the very first day they are open, so if you want to get in, you need to register early.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pesky 914
NNJR events often sell out on the very first day they are open, so if you want to get in, you need to register early.
Agreed. For some of the events, registering on the first day won't even guarantee you a spot.

That being said, I'll be at the NY metro event. Vacation plans interfered with my making it to the NNJR event.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there, look for a white 951.
Have fun......
Old 08-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 989 Likes on 593 Posts

I'll be there in the Green 914. Track me down and say Hi.

Matt
Old 08-02-2004, 08:29 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OriginalSterm
NNJR kinda rubbed us the wrong way. Didn't really want to let us in the event because we tried to register too close to the event and they didn't really know us all that well.
Yeah, don't be rubbed the wrong way, NNJR events are simply very popular! You need to register basically on the first day to have a high chance of admittance.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:34 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Yeah, don't be rubbed the wrong way, NNJR events are simply very popular! You need to register basically on the first day to have a high chance of admittance.
that's just it, I guess there were still openings (this late, I don't know how). at least the impression we got via email was discouraging. almost seemed like they didn't want to include us because they didn't know us.

(fingers still crossed to get off Metro NY waiting list)
Old 08-02-2004, 05:53 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there all three days.

It's always good to meet fellow Rennlisters so come say "hello" if you get a chance.

Richard
'93 black 968 M030 (#608)
Old 08-02-2004, 06:23 PM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OriginalSterm
that's just it, I guess there were still openings (this late, I don't know how). at least the impression we got via email was discouraging. almost seemed like they didn't want to include us because they didn't know us.

(fingers still crossed to get off Metro NY waiting list)
If you don't mind my asking, what did they say that gave you that impression? I'm a member of the region and I find it to be weird that you'd come away with that feeling because they've never made me feel that way. The closest was WRT my brother (PCA family member) and bringing his RX7 to a PCA event. They said that, to be fair to the Porsche owning members, they limit "non-Porsches" to the few events that don't fill-up as quickly as most of them do. In fact, my brother drove his RX7 with NNJR-PCA at MidOhio last year.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Tom 77
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm sure they are tight on space at NNJR just as we are. You are wait listed at NY metro because we have 42 students and 36 instructors. This is almost always the case, the registrar is figuring we will cover somehow, I can see I'm going to be busy. You are from the Finger Lakes region, maybe you can bring your own instructor!! (just kidding).
Old 08-02-2004, 11:26 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tom 77
I'm sure they are tight on space at NNJR just as we are. You are wait listed at NY metro because we have 42 students and 36 instructors. This is almost always the case, the registrar is figuring we will cover somehow, I can see I'm going to be busy. You are from the Finger Lakes region, maybe you can bring your own instructor!! (just kidding).

That's the other thing, we've been working with our own instructor, so WE (one of us at least) would have an instructor. But, I guess that's not fair to people in line ahead of us.

As far as the NNJR region, the email we received seemed more like we don't know you so we aren't big on letting you come play. Not, we are full, better luck next time. But then again, it was just an email so it's hard to judge tone (of voice).
Old 08-03-2004, 12:05 AM
tntporsche
Instructor

Orig - sorry you came away with bad feelings about NNJR . . . we really do aim to please.

We try to be as fair as possible in getting drivers into our events. Last year, we relied solely on postmarks . . . there were times when first day postmarks were on a waitlist and many of them were our own members. If you were on a wait list and did not get in, you would be given preference when applying to another event (as long as you had a first day postmark.) This year, we have changed our fee schedule a bit and we are accepting the first 15 applicants for each run group at our monthly meetings. All that being said, The Glen in August is by far our most popular event. At three weeks prior to the event, our August 2004 Glen event is sold out.

I am not sure what you mean by "tried to register close to the event" - I'm sure that we were full about the same time last year and had you applied at that time, you would have been waitlisted. About 5 days prior to an event, we close and go to print. We do not accept applications after that time.

Whether we know you has no bearing whatsoever on getting into event. It's great to have new drivers join us - we even have a group called "The Pit Crew" to welcome new drivers to our events.

Sometimes, busy registrars get stressed and you may have encountered me or my significant other on one of those days. We register over 2000 drivers a season and it can get pretty hectic here. If we offended you in any way, I can assure you it was not our intention and we apologize.

I hope that both you and your Dad get into the Metro event and I hope you will join us at one of our events in the future. NNJR's October Glen event opens on August 9th and we would be pleased if you would join us.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:20 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Hmmm...seems I may have jumped the gun. After finally reading the actual email, it's more of a question of our personal instructor that was the issue. Nobody knew him, or his credentials. Somehow I still got the impression that the DE wasn't full and that wasn't an issue.

We are becoming well aware of how popular DE's are, we have been locked out of several this year even when registering on the first day. We even registered for an event at Pocono that got changed to a charity event with a much higher cost and are uncertain of our status in that.

The email we received back may have just been taken as another bit of bad news, THAT may have been why we were so turned off. We'd hate to lose an entire year of driving because we waited a week or because our letter wasn't opened first. But I'm sure we're not the only one in this boat.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Quick Reply: Metro NY PCA DE @ WGI