Sponsored by:

Roux Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2024 | 01:06 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
OK. The Roux Pininfarina cooling is substantially better than the original 2015 cooling. In 2015 models, the 'cooling' is just a handful of winding tubes running through the top padding - similar to what is on a shirt - but very few tubes. It was "ok" but not great.
For the Pininfarina line, they designed it more like the bladder style of the cool-a-clava and it encompasses much more of you head. Supposedly it increased the cooling substantially. I can't verify that because of the handful we've sold, nobody has used the cooling yet - or at least given me feedback on it. But from what they showed us about the new design, I have to believe it is a huge upgrade.
Good to hear, I'm going to need a new one after next year. Are the connectors the same?
Old 09-06-2024 | 04:28 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cmargosi
I currently have a Stilo that over the years has become quite stinky. I'm thinking I might need to replace, although trying to wait for Snell 2025 to arrive in about a year...

Is anyone using the Roux Helmets? Can anyone compare them to the Stilo?
Have you tried Arai helmets? I'm not sure how they compare to Stilo, but if they fit you, I may have an option for you. I have a medium SA2020 Arai GP7 with clear & Dark Smoked visors sitting in my closet. I never used it. They are super comfy if they fit. Had a shoulder injury, rehabbed it and never got back to it. I need to let this go while it's got some life left.
Old 09-06-2024 | 05:19 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

As has been said earlier on in this thread, different helmets fit different sized heads. Bell fits me like a glove. Stilo gives me a migraine and Roux was somewhere in the middle.

Best thing to do when helmet shopping is to go to a shop and try on different brands.
The following 2 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
93 FireHawk 968 (09-07-2024), Locker537 (09-11-2024)
Old 09-06-2024 | 06:25 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
As has been said earlier on in this thread, different helmets fit different sized heads. Bell fits me like a glove. Stilo gives me a migraine and Roux was somewhere in the middle.

Best thing to do when helmet shopping is to go to a shop and try on different brands.
And different Bell helmets fit different heads. They are one of the few manufactures that have varied helmet/head molds across their line.

Last edited by CCA; 09-08-2024 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Roux Helmets