Sponsored by:

Florida Racetracks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024, 01:30 PM
911GT3KNIGHT
3rd Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Florida Racetracks

With Moroso long gone, some neighbors and friends have been pushing our county to donate land for a new drag strip and road course closer to Lake Okeechobee. Concours Club is not too far and I have heard nice things about the facility but I'd like something more than a sub 2 mile racetrack. Circuit Florida opened up near Tampa and The Motor Enclave opened but they are all small facilities. Some guys I've raced with for years just joined a huge facility opening about an hour north of me. P1 Motor Club. The site shows a 4.5 mile racetrack. I thought it wasn't real and called a friend who works for that county in st Lucie. turns out the owners have been going through approvals for 3 years and keeping it quiet until it was done. they start construction in a few months. anyone know anything about the other place they built in new york Monticello Motor Club ? I want a place that PCA club racing visits but don't think PCA goes to Monticello.
The following users liked this post:
dan212 (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 03:18 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 324 Likes on 196 Posts

I don't know anything about the Florida project, but I have been to Monticello a few times. I'm not a member, but it was open to clubs for a couple years after it opened, and a PCA Club Race was held there for a few years as well. So I haven't been there in a few years, but I really liked the layout and enjoyed driving there.
Old 08-22-2024, 03:21 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by 911GT3KNIGHT
anyone know anything about the other place they built in new york Monticello Motor Club ? I want a place that PCA club racing visits but don't think PCA goes to Monticello.
The last PCA Club Race at Monticello was in 2019. The 2020 race was cancelled by Monticello due to Covid and we haven't had a PCA CR there since. Monticello is an interesting country club track and their hospitality was superb.
Old 08-22-2024, 05:27 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by 911GT3KNIGHT
With Moroso long gone, some neighbors and friends have been pushing our county to donate land for a new drag strip and road course closer to Lake Okeechobee. Concours Club is not too far and I have heard nice things about the facility but I'd like something more than a sub 2 mile racetrack. Circuit Florida opened up near Tampa and The Motor Enclave opened but they are all small facilities. Some guys I've raced with for years just joined a huge facility opening about an hour north of me. P1 Motor Club. The site shows a 4.5 mile racetrack. I thought it wasn't real and called a friend who works for that county in st Lucie. turns out the owners have been going through approvals for 3 years and keeping it quiet until it was done. they start construction in a few months. anyone know anything about the other place they built in new york Monticello Motor Club ? I want a place that PCA club racing visits but don't think PCA goes to Monticello.

Yes, I know one of the principals of P1 and spoke to him at length about membership, reviewed the paperwork, etc.

Bottom line, this project is real, it will happen, and it will be spectacular. But it will be VERY focused on members, so don't expect access to it via another club for a track day or race. If it's in your budget, I think this will be the premier motorsports complex in the entire country once completed.
Old 08-22-2024, 07:37 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

I've been a member at MMC for 13 years. Overall, it is a wonderful place so much so that we built a home adjacent to the track. Ari Strauss who is one of the original principals at MMC did a fabulous job creating MMC and in the process became a good friend of mine.

Ari (and others) are building P1 in Florida. It is the real deal. It looks like it will be incredible. If my lottery ticket comes through, I will add a membership there!
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (08-22-2024)
Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 683 Likes on 331 Posts

Us poor folks can still build or move to a house near Sebring and enjoy our loose teeth fillings for years to come 😀
Rich
The following 2 users liked this post by uscarrera:
NastyHabits (Yesterday), ned911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 971 Likes on 536 Posts

Interesting, hadn't heard about this project until now. Of note:
Membership is by invitation and/or referral only.

If you do not know one of the founders or an existing Charter Member, you may request an interview and application for consideration.

Sounds like a proper circuit as compared to the current FL clubs that are more oriented toward the scene vs. the driving.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

I want to thank you for this post, I have relocated to Orlando and this is exactly what I am looking for. Contact form submitted.

Quick Reply: Florida Racetracks