Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proxes RA-1 compound change?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 PM
924martinirossi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tifosiman, pm me. Somebody in the chat room said you know all the parts to get up upgrading a 85.5 to turbo calipers.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Tifo;

The only thing I think you will notice is some tread squirm going from Old Baldies to new full tread. Otherwise they should be comparable. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyo has even made them wear EVEN LONGER.

I've got an old set I bought used 4-5 years ago. I have no idea how many cycles they have, but it's gotta be pushing 200!!! They still work!

Oh.. and who let you in here? This is a good place, though. Less "starch" over here. Glad you didn't sell your car. Why get it just where you want it and then dump it?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Ok, I've done a couple more events with the RA-1's, and I have found that they offer more grip than the Pirelli P-Zero C's I was running with before.

Again, this is my perception, but it seems to me that my cornering speeds are greater with the RA-1's. Although not emperical data, (where's Color Change with his DAS system), the Toyos feel stickier when I come off the track than the Pirellis.

Yes sir, I like them!
-Z.

Quick Reply: Proxes RA-1 compound change?