Sponsored by:

Homestead Coaching Success

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 10:23 PM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Homestead Coaching Success

Had a great day with a client today. Was only his third day on track and we lowered his PB by five seconds and optimal lap by three seconds over th course of the day. Very impressive driving for only his third day - probably the best I’ve seen in someone so green.

Old 04-27-2024, 12:34 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 328 Posts

Congrats! Really happy to see you getting out there and succeeding in your next career. Best of luck going forward with it!
The following users liked this post:
PTSFX (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:53 AM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Roblin
Congrats! Really happy to see you getting out there and succeeding in your next career. Best of luck going forward with it!
Thank you! Some doors are opening so I’m making progress. I was a well-respected executive with my previous employer before being laid off, and I’m better at this than I was at that. I’m truly passionate about it and everyone I’ve coached has said I’m the best instructor they’ve ever had, so going to continue to focus on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTSFX:
jakermc (04-29-2024), ldamelio (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 05:12 PM
aparedes
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats and best of luck on this new chapter.

Was this the gentleman in the white Porsche Turbo? If so he was doing quite well.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:53 PM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aparedes
Congrats and best of luck on this new chapter.

Was this the gentleman in the white Porsche Turbo? If so he was doing quite well.
Thank you! And yes, that was us!
aparedes (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 04:49 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Small world, I was there a few weeks ago with my son on his first track day. We were following a White (992?) Turbo S in a couple of sessions, running in the low 1:40's. Must have been your student. Met the gentlemen between sessions, nice guy. Said he was on track day 2 at the time.

Great progress and lap time for day 3. Mid 1:30's on the infield is moving well, you must be giving the right pointers.

My son said he felt like a Miata following the Turbo on the straights That's what it looked like from the passenger seat… The punch of that thing out of the 2nd gear corners up into 4th gear is really something, must gain the better part of a second to the 4.0 GT's on each of the straights. Although the GT3/RS winds through T7 a bit better negating the advantage down that straight, I think.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:42 PM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
Small world, I was there a few weeks ago with my son on his first track day. We were following a White (992?) Turbo S in a couple of sessions, running in the low 1:40's. Must have been your student. Met the gentlemen between sessions, nice guy. Said he was on track day 2 at the time.

Great progress and lap time for day 3. Mid 1:30's on the infield is moving well, you must be giving the right pointers.

My son said he felt like a Miata following the Turbo on the straights That's what it looked like from the passenger seat… The punch of that thing out of the 2nd gear corners up into 4th gear is really something, must gain the better part of a second to the 4.0 GT's on each of the straights. Although the GT3/RS winds through T7 a bit better negating the advantage down that straight, I think.
Yep, that’s about what he was running the day before we got together so I imagine it was him. Really quick learner that responded very well to coaching. And yes, car is crazy fast. Still has a few seconds left on the table, but we were pushing pretty good.
ParadiseGT3 (05-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Homestead Coaching Success