Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone every been to the Red Bull Ring in Austria?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 10:23 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts
Default Anyone every been to the Red Bull Ring in Austria?

Our daughter lives in Germany and we're thinking about visiting in June. The original plan was to take in 3 European Cup football matches during our visit, but we only got tickets allotted 1 of the 3 matches we applied for through the lottery system. Anyways, after thinking about it for a bit, rather than go through a 3rd party for the other 2 matches, why not take in an F1 race? I saw that the Austrian F1 race is at the end of June (June 28-30) and it's a sprint race weekend. I've never been to an F1 race outside of the US & Canada so was hoping someone here has been there. It looks "Sound of Music" beautiful on TV and the racing on that track is usually pretty good. Any comments or advise on your experience, where to stay, what to do after the track is cold would be greatly appreciated! TIA
Old 01-30-2024, 12:40 PM
revolutioN99
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I am interested to hear about this also. I already bought my tickets to the Austrian F1 race. Never been to any F1 race outside of the 3 American races.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:10 PM
DOUGLAP1
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

If you want the real "Sound of Music" experience stop in Salzburg a couple of hours away. They used to have free Mozart concerts there in the Summer - not sure if they still do, and the women can do plenty of shopping.

I've never been to the F1 race there, but that is one of my favorite tracks. I believe it is the smallest track that F1 goes to, so even if you are stuck in one place watching, you will see the cars go by racing many more times than at a long track like Spa. It looks like the stands between Turn 5 & 6 have become the official Orange Army grandstands, so you might want to avoid that unless you want to inhale orange smoke.

Good luck

Originally Posted by multi21
Our daughter lives in Germany and we're thinking about visiting in June. The original plan was to take in 3 European Cup football matches during our visit, but we only got tickets allotted 1 of the 3 matches we applied for through the lottery system. Anyways, after thinking about it for a bit, rather than go through a 3rd party for the other 2 matches, why not take in an F1 race? I saw that the Austrian F1 race is at the end of June (June 28-30) and it's a sprint race weekend. I've never been to an F1 race outside of the US & Canada so was hoping someone here has been there. It looks "Sound of Music" beautiful on TV and the racing on that track is usually pretty good. Any comments or advise on your experience, where to stay, what to do after the track is cold would be greatly appreciated! TIA
Old 02-05-2024, 12:02 PM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

It's yet to be checked off my own bucket list, but the 24 Hours of Nuerburgring is usually the first week of June. Le Mans is mid-June, both of those could be an option depending on where in Germany your daughter is located.

Quick Reply: Anyone every been to the Red Bull Ring in Austria?