F1 Paddock Club Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 12:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,848 Likes on 1,760 Posts
Default F1 Paddock Club Question

I am set to achieve a bucket list item in a few weeks - attend the Montreal F1 Grand Prix! I have never been to an F1 race so I am really looking forward to this.

I tried buying Paddock Club tickets through F1 Experience, and even though I gave them a deposit last September, they did not come through with tickets due to "allocation problems". Because of this I bought my Paddock Club tickets through this ViaGoGo website which F1 Experience told me was a legitimate reseller.

Here is my problem - ViaGoGo claims I will be given ELECTRONIC TICKETS three days before the event. Everything I have read online says that the tickets are "hard cards" which you wear on a lanyard around your neck. Even F1 Experience confirmed that all tickets are "physical".

Has anyone gone to the Paddock Club this year, and if so, were the tickets electronic? I would love to know that such a thing exists otherwise I need to make a quick pivot and get something else.

Many thanks!
Old 05-16-2023, 02:56 PM
PeteAZ
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

I've done PC many times, including this year, and they are always hard-cards. Different physical hard card for each day you attend. Also you get a different wrist band each day at the track when you pass through security (in addition to the HC).

I went to the NASCAR race at COTA this year and was in the garage as guest of RFK. Those came direct from NASCAR electronically (filled out the waivers, etc. and got a QR code thing), but then you had to present your QR code on your phone at the track to get the hard cards. Perhaps your electronic versions just queue up you getting the actual passes at will-call?

That said, anytime you are in a 'controlled area' including the grid, paddock, PC, etc. of any high profile event, the passes will be hard cards on lanyards otherwise there is no way to police who is allowed to be where.

My $0.02 - unless you are a guest of a specific team or title sponsor of a team (they work out ALL the logistics for you), I would forego PC and get passes to one of the local hospitality areas instead. For example, I did PC at COTA last year as guest of HAAS and it was fine. But the prior year at T12 Club SI (local hospitality) was epic. I reckon every race is different.

Good luck & have fun!
Old 05-16-2023, 03:09 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

You should be able to get you hard card by showing your QR code at the tickt window. Also: bring earplugs.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:12 PM
revolutioN99
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Been to many F1 events. Done standard Paddock Club through F1 Experiences and I have done team Paddock Club also. Was in the McLaren PC in Miami and it is ALWAYS been hard plastic on a lanyard and you get 3 different ones for each day.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:34 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

I've never done PC so my information might not be too helpful however this will be my second year at Montreal and purchased suite tickets directly through the GPCANADA website. I already received my electronic tickets for the event back on April 15th. So knowing this, and in addition to your other concerns, I think it is reasonable to question not receiving tickets until 3 days prior.

On a side note, the suite tickets through GP Canada are "very reasonable" for a F1 race and the accommodations are also very nice.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:17 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 565 Posts

Luigi, enjoy your bucket list event! Definitely want to do Montreal someday. Was there as a kid for expo 67 but never for a race :-) As my son above said, you definitely need a hard card for Paddock Club. As he said, we had a hard cards for each day that were different, and wristband that were different each day.

We did a hospitality area at corner 12 in 2014 at COTA which was also nice and much less money than a Paddock Club. Report back afterwards, we’d love to hear how it went and see pictures.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Montreal is IMO thre best place in North American to experience F1! And I live in Austin near COTA!

You will use your QR phone pass to get the hard card
Old 05-16-2023, 06:53 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

I didn't know you were planning on Montreal! Enjoy it. We sat at T2-3 and loved it. And there are so many wonderful 'smaller' restaurants in Montreal.
The only downside is you need to do a lot of walking particularly if you're down around T1-3. Leaving the island is a bit of a zoo getting through the crowd to the train. If you can figure out some sort of private transport, that would be a great upgrade.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:03 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I am set to achieve a bucket list item in a few weeks - attend the Montreal F1 Grand Prix! I have never been to an F1 race so I am really looking forward to this.

I tried buying Paddock Club tickets through F1 Experience, and even though I gave them a deposit last September, they did not come through with tickets due to "allocation problems". Because of this I bought my Paddock Club tickets through this ViaGoGo website which F1 Experience told me was a legitimate reseller.

Here is my problem - ViaGoGo claims I will be given ELECTRONIC TICKETS three days before the event. Everything I have read online says that the tickets are "hard cards" which you wear on a lanyard around your neck. Even F1 Experience confirmed that all tickets are "physical".

Has anyone gone to the Paddock Club this year, and if so, were the tickets electronic? I would love to know that such a thing exists otherwise I need to make a quick pivot and get something else.

Many thanks!
I was in the paddock and also on the alpha tauri garage for the Melb gp. It was solid tickets on a lanyard. Meanwhile I had tickets to the Porsche marquee also and they were digital.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:06 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Robert Nixon (05-19-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 09:53 PM
KevinA
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Attending the Grand Prix in Montreal is an amazing experience. Not only is the action at the track amazing, but the entire city gets in on the event.
I have also attended GPs at Indy and Monza, and Montreal is far and away best place to attend.
So many great restaurants and events. You will have a great time for sure!
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (05-19-2023)
Old 05-19-2023, 06:59 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Hard.

Old 05-19-2023, 10:25 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the input.

Luckily I paid for these tickets with AMEX and they have the charge on hold. This company Viagogo, that I bought the tickets through, is the worst. They actually lied and told AMEX that I was arguing with them about how much I paid for the tickets. I've sent Viagogo about 20 emails and I told AMEX to ask them for one email where I argued about price - I only debated their ability to deliver a physical ticket.

I now have a backup plan, so either way I am going to the GP, but it really sucks that this company, which is supposedly not a fly by night company, is jerking me around. I'm actually sending pictures of the hardcards to AMEX so they understand what I am talking about.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:49 PM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Thanks for all the input.

Luckily I paid for these tickets with AMEX and they have the charge on hold. This company Viagogo, that I bought the tickets through, is the worst. They actually lied and told AMEX that I was arguing with them about how much I paid for the tickets. I've sent Viagogo about 20 emails and I told AMEX to ask them for one email where I argued about price - I only debated their ability to deliver a physical ticket.

I now have a backup plan, so either way I am going to the GP, but it really sucks that this company, which is supposedly not a fly by night company, is jerking me around. I'm actually sending pictures of the hardcards to AMEX so they understand what I am talking about.
Ugh, sorry to hear Todd… hopefully my friend and I don’t suffer the same fate in Belgium later this year….
Old 05-22-2023, 09:23 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

One additional question - for those who attended Paddock Club how far in advance did you receive your hardcard tickets?

Quick Reply: F1 Paddock Club Question