Longacre Tireliefs

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Longacre Tireliefs

Has anyone used Longacre Tireliefs and if so, any feedback on how well they work?

I saw them and am very curious about them for my track tires. With these installed I could just set my tires at any reasonable cold pressure (ie. 35lbs) and know that the Tireliefs will 'bleed' pressure once they hit the pressure you've set them for. For my 'old' Hoosiers, it would be nice to set them to 40 lbs (not sure what I'll run the 04 Hoosiers at yet but it will be several pounds higher).

Any comments?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Rick,
I saw them on my friend Jeff's new 944T race car, I too thought they were a great idea until I spoke with the previous owner who said he would not do it again. What happens if you put too much heat into the tire say in a high speed long sweeper, the tire gets hot, pressure goes up and the bleed valve does its job, it lets air out and when the tire cools off you have no way of getting the air back. Now I dont know a damm thing about physics but that makes sense. I have never seen these on a high dollar race car. Maybe someone that has tried them can better explain if they work. For now I am passing but if they work, it is a hell of an idea.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric,
That makes sense; they seem so perfect but I've wondered why I have yet to find someone using them.

Are you coming down for the F1 race? I may have a couple of extra tickets in stand H.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Rick,
I am going to come down (dont have tix yet) Like last year, I think me and the wife are going to come down just for the race on Sunday. I was going to drop Indy PCA a line to see if they still have tix aval. If you have a couple you need to get rid of let me know. @ eric.cyranski@algx.com
BTW, I am racing with a new group this year NASA (GTS Challange) Going to be at Putnam this weekend. If your free this weekend, swing by. They also have DE as part of the weekend

Quick Reply: Longacre Tireliefs