Sponsored by:

brake pad thickness minimums

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 10:58 PM
Surfndav
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by quickboxster
Sorry, looks like Firebird West. Spent many days there.
Now know as Wild Horse Pass West Track. They have really let things fall into disrepair, unfortunately. But we still do run West Track. I think we were there laso March, still fun but the grip is awful.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:04 PM
quickboxster
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfndav
Now know as Wild Horse Pass West Track. They have really let things fall into disrepair, unfortunately. But we still do run West Track. I think we were there laso March, still fun but the grip is awful.
Running the Boxster over at East a year ago I was not surprised at how bad it had gotten since I was last there years before, I had fun, but pushing at all was beyond my risk profile. West has so little room for error, can't imagine going there now. They've never cared, that place only existed for the main track and nhra and now even that's gone, I was shocked there were bathrooms at East LOL!
Old 07-19-2023, 11:12 PM
Surfndav
Racer

Running the Boxster over at East a year ago I was not surprised at how bad it had gotten since I was last there years before, I had fun, but pushing at all was beyond my risk profile. West has so little room for error, can't imagine going there now. They've never cared, that place only existed for the main track and nhra and now even that's gone, I was shocked there were bathrooms at East LOL!
Sorry for the tread hijack, Here is my wife, Rita's race from West Trackrack. It was a short race and I was still recovering from back surgery so I didn't drive this event. She had fun.

Old 07-19-2023, 11:20 PM
quickboxster
Instructor

She had fun.
I never raced that track clockwise. uh, I thought sure she was going to get that last driver. Nice race.

Last edited by quickboxster; 07-19-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:52 PM
Surfndav
Racer

I never raced that track clockwise. uh, I thought sure she was going to get that last driver. Nice race.
That car is a E92 M3, he has over 400HP and lightweight to boot. He has trouble with endurance and usually slows down near the end of the race. He keeps just enough to not let us get by. He's not in our class, so no big deal. She took second in class out of 4 cars even though she started from the back. I was still adjusting tire pressures when she should have been on the grid.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:01 AM
quickboxster
Instructor

She took second in class out of 4 cars even though she started from the back. I was still adjusting tire pressures when she should have been on the grid.
It was obvious she was being held up starting from the back. It doesn't look so bad from her camera, maybe I'd be comfortable enough there in the car, plus I'd get to learn clockwise.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:59 AM
Surfndav
Racer

It was obvious she was being held up starting from the back. It doesn't look so bad from her camera, maybe I'd be comfortable enough there in the car, plus I'd get to learn clockwise.
We are going to be at East Track at the end of October. Come on out.
The following users liked this post:
quickboxster (07-20-2023)

Quick Reply: brake pad thickness minimums