Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Seat Recommendation for Large Person

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 12:52 AM
Simeon
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

He is not tall, maybe 5'-10". And also I'm not sure about a halo for the passenger seat. I still drive the car on the street, though less and less aside from driving to and from track days. But nevertheless, I don't want it to hamper my visibility on the street.
I'm thinking the Sparco Evo XL might be the biggest option that would still fit in my car. I never mentioned it's actually for a 2006 Pontiac GTO - sorry not to say that earlier. Seems like it has an extra 1" to 1.5" wider than my driver seat and I only have about 2" to spare. I also like that the shape is basically the same as the Recaro.
Old 04-13-2023, 03:56 PM
turbodave930
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, now from a "husky" guy. Six foot and let's just say an athletic 260 lbs. My 930 has large Kirkey's and they are a dream. Super comfortable and could drive all day in them. My 6GT3 had the factory race buckets and boy were they tight. Not so much fun. My 991 GT3 cup has the factory carbon fiber Recaro's and let's just say that I fit with all the padding removed.

Kirkey's are the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
Zhao (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 12:09 AM
Simeon
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Just wanted to give a shout out to @s4magman for selling me his Sparco Evo QRT XL for a good price. My father tried it out and it's still a bit tight but good enough to ride along for short periods of time. Thanks again s4magman! Looking forward to get that in my car and hopefully do some more events this summer.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:25 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodave930
Ok, now from a "husky" guy. Six foot and let's just say an athletic 260 lbs. My 930 has large Kirkey's and they are a dream. Super comfortable and could drive all day in them. My 6GT3 had the factory race buckets and boy were they tight. Not so much fun. My 991 GT3 cup has the factory carbon fiber Recaro's and let's just say that I fit with all the padding removed.

Kirkey's are the way to go.
Another brand of aluminum seats is Ultrashield. Lots of choice for size.

Quick Reply: Race Seat Recommendation for Large Person