Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S Simpson Hybrid S Neck Restraint

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 01:00 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

I never really noticed how the carbon piece interfaces or does not interface with the shoulder belt myself. I really don't think it matters for 3-points, only for harnesses. The way the Hybrid works with 3-points is by connecting your torso to your head and then when your body moves around (which is by design in a 3-point system) your neck movement will be minimized.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:52 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

I spoke with Simpson. The seatbelt does in a 3 point system does not need to rest in the shoulder pocket as the carbon piece and your spine support the neck in an accident, not the belt strap touching the HANS system
Old 06-01-2023, 04:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
I spoke with Simpson. The seatbelt does in a 3 point system does not need to rest in the shoulder pocket as the carbon piece and your spine support the neck in an accident, not the belt strap touching the HANS system
Correct, and I think that's where the confusion lied.

The 2 strap slots on the Hybrid are for 6 pt harnesses, just like on a Hans device.

The seat belt itself does not offer the restraint, it's the combo of the backing plate on the Hybrid and the tethers to the helmet as far as I've been told and shown.

That is what keeps your neck better protected. Of course, it will not give anywhere near the protection of a 6 pt system with a full-on Hans or Hans type device (Schroth Flex, etc.).

If you ever get a 6 pt system, you can use the Hybrid as a Hans as the top 2 harnesses will fit right in the slots on the Hybrid.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:07 PM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
Well, that is the right place to get your direction. I guess I had never noticed any slippage or whatever before with my 3-point and Simpson HANS. I just switched to 6-point this winter, so I must have already forgotten what the 3-point with the Simpson felt like.

I just measured the amount of travel the upper belt point has - about 3". Kind of a lot? I wonder if everyone is aware that this adjustment even exists. I would think (just common sense here, nothing more) that having that point low enough to ensure a good wrap over your shoulder makes sense?
Old 05-17-2024, 02:31 PM
micuamrc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you still trying to sell this harness? Let me know, interested.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:27 PM
ChrisNineOne1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still available???

Quick Reply: F/S Simpson Hybrid S Neck Restraint