Sponsored by:

Popular racing classes in mid-atlantic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022 | 06:28 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
You sound like a good time, Scott.
If that "Duh" was meant as anything other than serious, you must forgive me for missing that as your posts have been unreasonable enough for me to believe anything you might say on this in regards to limiting other racers.
Old 10-04-2022 | 06:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Jas0nn, let me try another tack.

The best racing is when people respect each other, leave racing room, are aware of those around them as well as who’s coming and who they’re closing on, and make adjustments.

What sounds like is that you’ve been racing against folks who don’t believe that. Have you raced others the way you would wish them to race you? Just a question. Not an assertion.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following users liked this post:
grega99 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022 | 07:14 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The best racing is when people respect each other, leave racing room, are aware of those around them as well as who’s coming and who they’re closing on, and make adjustments.
I totally, 100% agree with this

Originally Posted by ProCoach
What sounds like is that you’ve been racing against folks who don’t believe that. Have you raced others the way you would wish them to race you? Just a question. Not an assertion.
I try to - but I'm definitely not perfect. I made an outside pass on a competitor into T1 at Summit recently and didn't leave him as much room as I should have; I made sure to walk over to his paddock and apologize. I think most people in the paddock will say I race hard - but clean. I always try to be conscious of passes that I make - and especially those that I don't make, or that I hold off on making because it might not be absolutely necessary at the time, and a little patience will let me get by without affecting the cars ahead. But I'm also more sensitive to this because I've raced both very fast cars - and some very slow cars - over thousands of laps of endurance racing. (The latter makes you much more aware of how your actions affect other drivers, because you observe how you're treated being passed countless time each stint).

911CUP has benefited from some great run-group pairings this year. We've generally been with SP1/2/3 and SPB - each of which has healthy class sizes. We've coexisted quite well - and I know those other classes agree (because I've discussed it with them) - and we've also gotten to know each other.

But this symptom that I think PCA should address, in my opinion, is most prevalent amongst classes with low cars counts. And these car counts are a by product of too many classes. When a racer doesn't have someone to race in-class against, the second that a car appears in his mirrors, the fight is seemingly on. But no one benefits: the H car with 300whp who motors away from the 200hp CUP isn't improving as a driver; the CUP is only getting frustrated and might try to push unsafe passes. And most importantly, none of this benefits PCA. It doesn't create the kind of racing that attracts drivers - but it is precisely the kind of racing that makes drivers goes elsewhere, or results in contact. Its a lose/lose. But a little bit of education would go a long way ... plus a consolidation of classes.

Last edited by Jas0nn; 10-04-2022 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2022 | 07:52 PM
winders
Race Car

But this symptom that I think PCA should address, in my opinion, is most prevalent amongst classes with low cars counts. And these car counts are a by product of too many classes. When a racer doesn't have someone to race in-class against, the second that a car appears in his mirrors, the fight is seemingly on. But no one benefits: the H car with 300whp who motors away from the 200hp CUP isn't improving as a driver; the CUP is only getting frustrated and might try to push unsafe passes. And most importantly, none of this benefits PCA. It doesn't create the kind of racing that attracts drivers - but it is precisely the kind of racing that makes drivers goes elsewhere, or results in contact. Its a lose/lose. But a little bit of education would go a long way ... plus a consolidation of classes.
How does class consolidation fix the problem? Does it magically change the lap times of the racers?

This lonely racer that sees the car in his mirrors....how is he in front of that car in the first place? If he qualified in front, you should have to earn the pass. I don't care if you are faster in the corners or not. If you are lapping him, he should get out of the way of the cars coming through and not to race them. I don't see the problem here. The only problem I see is that you don't want to deal with out of class cars.....
Old 10-04-2022 | 07:53 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by winders
How does class consolidation fix the problem? Does it magically change the lap times of the racers?

This lonely racer that see the car in his mirrors....how is he in front of that car in the first place? If he qualified in front, you should have to earn the pass. I don't care if you are faster in the corners or not. If you are lapping him, he should get out of the way of the cars coming through and not to race them. I don't see the problem here. The only problem I see is that you don't want to deal with out of class cars.....
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 10-04-2022 | 08:05 PM
winders
Race Car

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I am sorry that I am boring you.....

But, it is really irksome when a racer suggests that other racers need to stop being racers whenever a group of cars in another class are around.
Old 10-04-2022 | 08:07 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

You win, Scott - I give up. Taking the DNF.

I'll send you a trophy.

Quick Reply: Popular racing classes in mid-atlantic?