Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport II

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004 | 08:30 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Default Rennsport II

I know this is old news, but I just have to make some comments about Rennsport II. I just got back from Daytona, I spent three days after on the beach. So here goes. I have been racing since 1984, in both the SCCA and PCA. Rennsport II was by far the BEST event I have ever attended.

Get this, there were 120 cars in my race group, and some groups were larger, and the whole thing came off without a hitch. And there was always about 3 people to race with. They could not use the staging area, because they needed that area for parking, so they had to line us up on an access road, and they still did the best job of staging cars I have ever seen. If my time to go out was 9:00am, then when my watch clicked exactly 9:00am, we were off. How the heck did they do that?

Fridays dinner fed ove 500 people and there was no standing in line, you just walked up and got your food. And the food was great!!!!!!!

I ran into a couple of people that I had talked to on Rennlist, Tony Kelly, who was there with his new 1989 944 Turbo, and Jon Grand, the ole cheater, and as I expected he beat me. Boy, that guy can drive. But he didn't win our class Richard Steppel did that, Jon got third. We won't talk about where I finished. (8th in class actually.) I won't talk about all the cars I saw, but I think I saw everything Porsche ever made.

I did kinda feel sorry for some PCA racers. The race was not sanctioned by anyone, so there was no 13/13. Some PCA racers go dinged, or worse. I'm used to getting hit, though I did not this weekend.

Anyway, THANKS Larry and Brian. A great weekend. I'll be there next time.

Bill Seifert

1983 944 Racecar

Quick Reply: Rennsport II