Old 10-24-2021, 01:16 AM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcD147
which suite type did you choose?
what options? what pockets? belt?
what fit?
do you have pic you can share? (marcdencker at hotmail dot com)
Marc:

Email sent Oct. 22.

Alberto
Old 10-24-2021, 11:58 AM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
I’ve always wondered how “breathable” works in fire gear. It might take a while to burn through but wouldn’t it be a problem if the suits breathed super-heated air?
Once subjected to a fire the outer material changes and creates air pockets that are part of the insulation against the fire. It is part of its design as a one time use in a fire.
The following 2 users liked this post by J. Kid:
dan212 (10-25-2021), Difool (10-25-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 11:42 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 376 Posts

Two years ago I met and spoke with the owner of Stand 21. We chatted for over an hour. Seems like a great family business. I am sure they would take care of any issues that arose; sometimes it's just a function of getting to the right person.

Making custom racing suits IS their business and they really have no other business, so I would be shocked if they didn't do it right ...and make it right.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:50 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

There has been a lot of dissing Stand 21 in this thread. I do not (yet) own a Stand 21 suit, but my racing shoes, socks, gloves, and underwear are all by Stand 21, for the simple reason that, while more expensive, the Stand 21 quality is far higher than any other manufacturer I've used.
The following users liked this post:
Manda Racing (11-03-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 778 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Two years ago I met and spoke with the owner of Stand 21. We chatted for over an hour. Seems like a great family business. I am sure they would take care of any issues that arose; sometimes it's just a function of getting to the right person.

Making custom racing suits IS their business and they really have no other business, so I would be shocked if they didn't do it right ...and make it right.
Yves is a really nice guy and the reason I have a Stand21 helmet. I was amazed at how vested he was in other people's safety.

Originally Posted by raspritz
There has been a lot of dissing Stand 21 in this thread. I do not (yet) own a Stand 21 suit, but my racing shoes, socks, gloves, and underwear are all by Stand 21, for the simple reason that, while more expensive, the Stand 21 quality is far higher than any other manufacturer I've used.
Everything I have from them has been top quality.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:26 AM
TMANN
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava Fire
I suggest looking at HRX. I had never heard of them until a pro Coach turned me on to them. Look at the suit worn by the Indy500 winner this year. Very breathable fabric, custom made to your measurements, you choose patterns and colors. https://hrxusa.com/

I have a contact person if you want to make contact, PM me. I am not affiliated with them in any way, other than I like the suit (and undergarments too).
+1 for HRX, great experience with them earlier this year for a "Racer Pro" custom after I couldn't find an off the rack that fit well. Its thick, so not very breathable, but I have a Chillout system. Overall the HRX held up well this year.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:51 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
I bought a Stand21 custom suit. Did all the measurements myself (well my wife did). Fits perfect.
This is my experience exactly also. Pass through flap for water shirt hook up works well in the Stand21.

That said, I also have a custom Sabelt and also did the measurements for that. Also fits perfectly. The one downside to the Sabelt is that the pass-through hole for the water shirt hoses is TINY...no way that will work with the Chillout style dual connector and just barely enough size to admit the Coolshirt style connectors. I had to hack up the material under the flap in this suit to get the hoses to work...not a huge deal but it did need doing.

Happy with both suits in the car. Both outperform the off-the-peg OMP that I have also used.

Quick Reply: Stand 21 suit advice