Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBOC Winterfest 2022

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022 | 06:41 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Did any of you guys reserve a paddock spot?

Last couple times I was under the AutoQuest tent, but I just got an email from PBOC asking if I wanted to try and reserve a paddock space.

Anyone reserve a space? If so, which space?The email I just got had a full map of all paddock parking. I assume you all got the same email?

Just curious where folks are gonna be paddocked if they already know.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2022 | 07:15 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Did any of you guys reserve a paddock spot?

Last couple times I was under the AutoQuest tent, but I just got an email from PBOC asking if I wanted to try and reserve a paddock space.

Anyone reserve a space? If so, which space?The email I just got had a full map of all paddock parking. I assume you all got the same email?

Just curious where folks are gonna be paddocked if they already know.

Thanks
I’ve been assigned space 31a. On the map it isn’t clear where that is but hopefully it will be easy to figure out once there.
Old 01-16-2022 | 07:23 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I’ve been assigned space 31a. On the map it isn’t clear where that is but hopefully it will be easy to figure out once there.
31a is the 2nd to last row in the back.
Kinda tough map to figure out.
I’ll try to find something once I’m there.
I hope the spots are marked reserved if they are reserved. This is my first PBOC event, so it’s gonna be baptism by fire for me.
Old 01-17-2022 | 01:36 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

see you all down there. did this event two years ago and it is great. excited to be going back. we will be in the BMW's this year. racing one starting with the 6hr and DE'ing the other in super solo. us and some friends will be in spots 25-28 area. down past the autoquest tent.
Old 01-19-2022 | 04:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Mark i paddocked right next to you. You’re in 31a. I am to your left looking at the front straight. All the way down the main paddock on your left BEFORE the Hankook tire trailer. You’ll see my green GT3. You are directly to my right looking at the front straight.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Dreyer (01-20-2022)
Old 01-22-2022 | 11:47 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Glad to be here even if it is raining…

I’m paddocked in the big Gator bus over by the fuel farm in turn 17 if anyone wants to come by and say hi 👋
Old 01-24-2022 | 07:25 AM
hsb1001
Rennlist Member

PBOC Winterfest 2022 was an absolute blast! So well run and completely different to the past 2 years I had attended. Entertainment, clean driving, incredible people and a very humbling management team.

Thank you for a great event!
Old 01-24-2022 | 07:34 AM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

^ Agreed. 1st Winterfest, drew a great instructor, props to Craig. Paddock neighbor shared their canopy during Saturday rain, thank you Mike and Joe.
Old 01-24-2022 | 09:43 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agreed, the event was fantastic, and the new owners really made us drivers feel valued. I will make this a regular event on my driving calendar!
Old 01-25-2022 | 12:57 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Finished towing home about 2am this morning. Made it St Augustine around 9pm (with eyes barely open) Sunday night after staying for the last laps at 5:30 pm.

Left St Augustine at 7am yesterday morning and got home to North Jersey in the wee hours today. I am spent but made it to the office regardless.

What a wonderful event. John and Mike did an awesome job, and the little bugs will work themselves out. I thought they did an amazing job.

Great respect and courtesy on track, even (and especially) in the SS run group. Great drivers and really fast cars. That GT2 Clubsport, HOLY CRAP!!!!

Nice to meet some of the Rennlisters for the first time, including Mike Roblin and Mark Dreyer. Mark's wife makes the best paddock smash burgers you'll ever have, Please thank her again for me.

Lots of track time, good weather (albeit Sunday it was really cold for Florida--frost on the cars in the morning), but mostly 4 dry days. Nice warm Florida sunshine Thursday and Friday and cooler the next 2 days. It was perfect.

Had a good student for Saturday and Sunday, and the VIP room and bands and lunches and dinners were all awesome. Dinner, drinks, and the band on Friday night was awesome as well. Nice touch. All included at no charge.

You guys really hit a home run with that VIP room and included instructors for the great lunches as well. Sushi, Chinese food, Lemon Chicken, and all the fixings. Awesome job guys. Comp for instructors. Really made me feel valued as an instructor and driver.

Kinda bummed I didn't have time for a massage (also free), but I will next year for sure. What a great touch, and I could sure use one now...lol.

Agree with Mark for sure. I really felt valued as a driver and instructor, and you could clearly see that John and Mike really cared about us and making sure we all had a great time.

I will be doing Winterfest annually for sure. The new owners, John and Mike really did a stellar job for the first event under their management.

During the 6 hour enduro on Thursday, I hung out with the flagger (Huckleberry) at T-14/15 (exit of Bishops). What a great experience that was. He had to black flag in a BMW during the race, and the guy ran the first Black Flag. "That f'er ran the black. He ran the black. I'm gonna get his a$$ this lap. Gonna get that f'er this time and he better get his a$$ into the hot pits".

Had a ton of fun hanging with him during the race. Gave me a whole new level of respect for the flaggers. Those guys really are on their game.

I ran in the Super Solo group, which really opened my eyes on Thursday morning. Loved the no point by extended passing rules. Really had to have my head on a swivel, but I adjusted, and all went well.

I actually got black flagged Thursday morning because I has slowed down coming into 7 to let a Radical by before the hairpin. They black flagged me in and told me not to slow down to let another car into a corner, so I just shared the corners with the other cars, 50/50 as usual.

Truth be told, that Radical snuck up on me coming into 7, so I did what I thought was the safest thing, especially at that corner. Live and learn, and boy did I learn. I def left the track a better driver than when I arrived. Again, thanks John and Mike.

Already looking forward to next seasons Winterfest. This was an awesome event, and 4 days at Sebring really gives you tons of track time. Great format for everyone. Watching the races was pretty awesome as well.

100% recommend this event for any and all. You won't regret it.

Thanks again guys, stellar job.....

The following 3 users liked this post by dgrobs:
Mark Dreyer (01-25-2022), ProCoach (01-25-2022), zbomb (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022 | 08:17 PM
PBOC National
Track Day

Whew! I just flew back myself and think we've coordinated the safe return of all our new "PBOC National" crew and staff, equipment, et al to their respective homes and getting ready to head back to the real day job...

On behalf of PBOC, I would like to "Thank You" all for your support and more importantly... understanding. I would like to use this opportunity to let you all know while Mike and I are relatively proficient in our day jobs, organizing Winterfest had its challenges. I don't want to get into details because its irrelevant, but I do want to let you all know Mike and I are quick studies and like YOU all on this thread we're passionate about driving and simply want you all to feel the same way we do which is allow PBOC to serve as the outlet for you to come out and enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

To that end, I would like to simply say "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart how AMAZING all of you have been rolling with the punches and being so kind to our learning curve. Let's agree, it didn't go smooth. Not by our standards, anyway. However, the caliber of people and drivers beginning with the folks on this thread epitomize why we do what we do. You are all the greatest group of people on the planet. PERIOD.

We hired a professional videographer. You will also notice our social media is also under way. We have plans of opening our track event to the public with spectators (albeit, whole new liability aspect), but for all you racers that means people watching you in corners, so don't make mistakes.

PBOC's next race/HPDE is May 5th through May 8th at Sebring International, as we continue to expand to other track venues and this next event will be a 4 day event with racing and HPDE, including all the entertainment, food, massage, VIP experience, etc...

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Last edited by PBOC National; 01-25-2022 at 08:19 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by PBOC National:
hsb1001 (01-26-2022), ProCoach (01-25-2022), Veloce Raptor (01-26-2022)
Old 01-25-2022 | 08:56 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

It was awesome getting to know you Bruce. You were a quick study getting up to speed in that beautiful green RS. I’m glad you enjoyed Diane’s burger lunch. She makes track outings so much more enjoyable and I’ll pass along your compliments. Like you, I plan to go to this event again and hope to see you again also. Glad you made it home safely!
Old 01-26-2022 | 10:52 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Mark Dreyer;17930697]You were a quick study getting up to speed in that beautiful green RS./QUOTE]

Thanks. BTW, it's a regular old GT3, not an RS....lol.

That tow home kills me every time. Luckily, this trip, both ways, NO traffic inside the beltway. That's the first time that's ever happened, both ways anyway.....

Are you gonna do the 4-day PBOC in May? I had no idea they were having one then.
Old 01-27-2022 | 06:50 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

The month of May is a bit toasty down here in central Florida for tracking, but if you bring your Cayman instead of the GT3, I’ll come out also, as it’s fun having a similar powered car to play with.

Quick Reply: PBOC Winterfest 2022