Sponsored by:

Hey Geo, remind me about SCCA again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill,

I think you should step back and look at your behavior towards Geo, who appeared to attempt to help you.

A couple of weeks ago, I found a race motor for sale for my car. Seller is in Australia (but comes back to run SCCA), motor is in Ill and the carbs are sitting in Florida. I have never met him. We struck a deal via phone and email. I sent the check. Before he got it, I had the carbs and he was working on shipping the motor - it is on the way. We will take care of the freight charges at the Run-Offs when we meet.

Last week I shipped a bunch of Confor foam to a racing buddy and we will settle up when convenient.

THAT is what club racing is about in SCCA (and I am sure in most other groups as well). Go back and read what you have said in this thread, the imnplications and character attacks (yes, implied so you can deny it if you want). Then tell us how your posts fit within the spirit of Club Racing. You have added to this forum and I have had respect for you. Your posts in this thread are not in character and I hope you can see that and gain back respect.

I imagine that I am not alone in how I view the posts.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just when I think I am out, they pull me back in. Helmut says I need a spine, I use my real name, email address and phone number. I'm not hiding from anyone. If Helmut Tester is really your name, and you are from the Nurburgring, then I am sorry.

Bill
Old 04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Bill L Seifert
Just when I think I am out, they pull me back in. Helmut says I need a spine, I use my real name, email address and phone number. I'm not hiding from anyone. If Helmut Tester is really your name, and you are from the Nurburgring, then I am sorry.

Bill
Well Bill, it looks like you have decided to take the low road. If you read what the professor said, he was not commenting on your spine based on your willingness to use your full, legal name. He clearly was commenting on the method you chose to attack Geo.

As far as the Professor hiding, you seem to be missing a lot. First there are many people who do not use their full names as their screen name (including me). Yet somehow many of these people are known to many others. Well, that is exactly the case with the Professor. He has never particilary hidden who he is, and if you are around much SCCA racing, it was pretty obvious who was using that name. I know who he is, and many others on this board know who he is as well. Whether he chooses to use a full name is his call. If you really want to know, then go back and read all his posts - the clues should make it obvious if the name would mean anything to you. If the name is meaningless, then what is the difference whether you call him Professor, Gilligan, MaryAnn or even Bill?

As far as your original issue - you were asking for SCCA to go outside of the stated structure of IT by allowing that part. Pretty clearly, you failed to convice the board that the stock parts were truly unsafe. If they are really as dangerous as you say, then it shoud be easy to prove. Looks to me like Geo told you up front that you had failed to make the case. Well that isn't his fault.

Sorry to see that you have elected to keep fighting the poeple that could be your allies instead of building alliances and working to solve your issue.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bill L Seifert
....the thing that upset him was me pointing out the fact that he said he raced a Nissan SER, and that it was moved from ITS to ITA.
This is the second time just in this thread that you've read me 100% incorrect.

I couldn't care less about you pointing out I have raced an SE-R in ITS.

1) I did not initiate the request for reclassification.

2) In all likelihood I'll never race another SE-R in IT again unless one of my pals offers me a ride for fun. From here on out I'm an 8v 944 pilot.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danke schön Herr Professor.

Quick Reply: Hey Geo, remind me about SCCA again.