Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle trackday friends, where do you store your dedicated track cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM
cabbagerocket
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seattle trackday friends, where do you store your dedicated track cars?

Now this obviously doesn't pertain to anyone with a garage or ample driveway parking, but I will be moving to Seattle in a year and likely will be living somewhere without a garage or even a parking spot. This is obviously less than ideal when I normally have a tow rig + trailer + caged racecar down here in NorCal.

I assume that more than a few track regulars in Seattle deal with this issue as well. Are they storing their trailer+car in neighboring cities like Tacoma etc., that are closer to The Ridge or other tracks? I also assume storage fees would be a lot cheaper than in Seattle proper. Or are there dedicated track car storage facilities near the track?

Any pointers from people in this situation are greatly appreciated! I've looked around but haven't found much info across different forums.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:02 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

No track long term storage here, Ridge or Pacific. Clubs like The Shop and Drivers Club have storage and social memberships. Otherwise you find a storage facility with a wide enough door for trailer. Maybe private party check once you get here. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
cabbagerocket (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 06:48 PM
TMANN
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I live in a southeastern suburb (Covington) and had done some research a few years ago before I bought an enclosed trailer that I keep at the house. You'll find lots of RV storage locations out here, but most are not covered, and some just have gravel lots. There is one covered RV storage in Maple Valley, but I have not used them. Chateau Storage - Home | Facebook
Another: RV Storage, Boat Storage, ATV Storage, Motorcycle Storage - Rock Creek RV Storage, Maple Valley, Washington
There's a regular ad in the BMW CCA PNW region magazine from BP Racing LLC in Redmond - bpracing9121@gmail.com
I also considered airplane hangar, but didn't pursue. Here's one airfield near Covington - Crest Airpark, Inc.
Another idea I had was just renting a small warehouse space in one of the towns between Seattle and Tacoma - Kent, Auburn, Fife, Federal Way, etc.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:46 PM
cabbagerocket
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TMANN
I live in a southeastern suburb (Covington) and had done some research a few years ago before I bought an enclosed trailer that I keep at the house. You'll find lots of RV storage locations out here, but most are not covered, and some just have gravel lots. There is one covered RV storage in Maple Valley, but I have not used them. Chateau Storage - Home | Facebook
Another: RV Storage, Boat Storage, ATV Storage, Motorcycle Storage - Rock Creek RV Storage, Maple Valley, Washington
There's a regular ad in the BMW CCA PNW region magazine from BP Racing LLC in Redmond - bpracing9121@gmail.com
I also considered airplane hangar, but didn't pursue. Here's one airfield near Covington - Crest Airpark, Inc.
Another idea I had was just renting a small warehouse space in one of the towns between Seattle and Tacoma - Kent, Auburn, Fife, Federal Way, etc.
Yea, I've thought of that warehouse idea before as well. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-08-2021, 01:11 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Tow rig + trailer + dedicated race car = cheapest solution is always make friends with someone else who races that has an acreage. Most likely the reason they have a acreage is so they could build a complete shop too. Race communities are usually pretty tight so someone might be willing to let you store your stuff on their property for a fee. MIght be beneficial to show up at club meetings at ask for advice there, especially if you plan to be pretty active.

After that I'd say an enclosed trailer with track car inside at a RV storage yard. I was paying $50 north of the border to do that at one point. Gravel yard, but with a tow rig and trailer gravel is fine as long as it's not prone to flooding. It really sucks to have to do anything to it in a RV yard though.

I can't imagine finding cheap storage indoors. Every place I found wanted crazy amounts (because they need to), or had really crazy rules for accessing your vehicle, or both. When I had my own bay, it worked out to just over $2000 a month for a 1500 sq ft industrial bay all included, and that was a very long time ago, and that is very expensive to just use it for storage. Even being 20+ minutes away I found that to be a hassle, especially with being motivated to go out there to work on stuff, so I'd be wary renting further away unless it's on the way to the race track.

Last edited by Zhao; 08-08-2021 at 01:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cabbagerocket (08-08-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

$230 a month, about as cheap as it gets
https://theshopclubs.com/seattle/storage/

Quick Reply: Seattle trackday friends, where do you store your dedicated track cars?