Sponsored by:

Luggage for driving gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Luggage for driving gear

I was texting a couple friends about this last night and thought the topic of discussion could be helpful for others, too. For those folks doing fly-in races and DE's, what luggage/duffle/etc do you recommend for your driving gear (helmet, HANS, suit, etc)? My personal parameters were that it had to fit all driving gear, fit as a carry on bag and be durable (buy once/cry once). What functions/features do yall find important, and what brands/models do yall recommend from your experience? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-2021, 11:13 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Not sure on which bag (maybe a smaller padded duffel?) but it must have room for Bourbon and Cigars. My contribution......
Old 05-13-2021, 11:24 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Not sure on which bag (maybe a smaller padded duffel?) but it must have room for Bourbon and Cigars. My contribution......
Ha! I like your style!!! 3oz of shampoo and contact solution leaves a lot of room in that 1 quart bag for the mini bottles. Just sayin'!

https://www.donsliquorsandwine.com/p...SABEgIeI_D_BwE

Last edited by Slow RSA; 05-13-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:28 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow RSA
Ha! I like your style!!! 3oz of shampoo and contact solution leaves a lot of room in that 1 quart bag for the mini bottles. Just sayin'!
Now yer tawkin'....get those priorities straight as early as possible.... (and pack the blow in a full can of Maxwell House, get's by the cute little doggies every time.)

Depending on where you're flying into, you may NOT need to pack your own hookers.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:32 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Now yer tawkin'....get those priorities straight as early as possible.... (and pack the blow in a full can of Maxwell House, get's by the cute little doggies every time.)

Depending on where you're flying into, you may NOT need to pack your own hookers.
Hahahahah!!! LAX and SMF. No worries when LAX is the destination, but definitely at SMF. hahahaah!!
The following users liked this post:
dgrobs (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:06 PM
midwestamv8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry-on my racing gear, and check-in my normal clothes.

I use this duffel bag (
Amazon Amazon
) for my gear. Fits everything perfectly - helmet, hans, suit, underwear, shoes, gloves, accessories, etc. The only race gear I put in my check-in is my cool suit, as it's a bit heavy and I don't want the hassle of having to drain it completely in order to carry it on.

I use this as my check-in bag: Stryde 2 Glider

I used this OMP travel bag for a while, but it didn't hold up well. Zippers broke after a few trips, and OMP was completely unresponsive when I asked for replacements.... so I don't recommend it except for local travel: https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/omp-...ag-my2016.html

Last edited by midwestamv8; 05-13-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:34 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

This:

https://www.sparcousa.com/universe

It is great.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:45 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 995 Likes on 595 Posts

I've seen some.guys using the Zulz bags. No idea how good they are.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:04 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

https://competitionmotorsport.com/st...hoCT1IQAvD_BwE

This has been my best ever solution over the years....You can fit , helmet, Hans,driving suit, gloves,t-shirt, socks, earplugs and balaclava in it...

Last edited by Glen; 05-13-2021 at 08:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glen:
Driver8 (05-13-2021), LuigiVampa (05-15-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 05:31 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

I received an RTIC brand duffle bag as a gift on a work hunting outing. Started using it for my race gear and it is perfect! Fits my race suit, helmet, hans, shoes, gloves, socks, balaclava, etc. Durable, waterproof, and appears to be reasonably priced! I believe mine is the medium size, but not 100% sure.

https://rticoutdoors.com/Duffel-Bags...ium&color=Grey
Old 05-13-2021, 08:39 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestamv8
I carry-on my racing gear, and check-in my normal clothes.

I use this duffel bag (https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Defend...dp/B0748KYY6X/) for my gear. Fits everything perfectly - helmet, hans, suit, underwear, shoes, gloves, accessories, etc. The only race gear I put in my check-in is my cool suit, as it's a bit heavy and I don't want the hassle of having to drain it completely in order to carry it on.

I use this as my check-in bag: Stryde 2 Glider

I used this OMP travel bag for a while, but it didn't hold up well. Zippers broke after a few trips, and OMP was completely unresponsive when I asked for replacements.... so I don't recommend it except for local travel: https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/omp-...ag-my2016.html
I had the same issues with the OMP bag. Bought it from OG-racing, used it once to Germany for a Ring trip and the zippers were toast. A rather expensive bag for one trip. OG Racing wanted me to reach to OMP and I never heard back. I bought a Dakine duffel and have been happy with their bag and ski baggage.

The following users liked this post:
midwestamv8 (05-15-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 08:41 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

This is all very good info, thank you! If there are others to consider, keep the recommendations coming.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:23 AM
jfpell
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts

I like this Bell duffle....I got mine at Apex Performance.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:09 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I bought this Bell bag to fly to the wrl race past weekend it fitted everything I needed fit the weekend: helmet hans cool shirt driving suit gloves toilet bag driving shoes( in outside mesh), laptop, couple extra shirts/underwear

Downside it's heavy and has no wheels
Old 05-15-2021, 03:19 AM
midwestamv8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarcD147
I bought this Bell bag to fly to the wrl race past weekend it fitted everything I needed fit the weekend: helmet hans cool shirt driving suit gloves toilet bag driving shoes( in outside mesh), laptop, couple extra shirts/underwear

Downside it's heavy and has no wheels
Road America? What were you in? I was in the #981 W2W Racing GT4 Clubsport (the red camo one). Had a blast in Wisconsin and I never thought I'd say that, LOL!

Quick Reply: Luggage for driving gear