Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Number decals for DE/Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 02:23 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Thanks everyone....sent a few e-mails to couple of suppliers. Let see what they can come up with and cost.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:31 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

https://www.trackdecals.com/

I have magnetic ones from here. I am on season 2 with them- I wash them in some soapy water (especially the fronts which get buggy) but I also use some white vinyl tape around the edges. Anything will get dirty etc and you will lose sticking ability so the vinyl tape (even with new ones out it on the leading edge) is key.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:11 AM
schell
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Buy a used Cricut die cut machine.
The following users liked this post:
maschinetheist (04-14-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 12:38 PM
L76
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MattUF
http://gochecker.com/changeable-numb...tic-cling-oval

Another option is buying drawer liner, making some templates out of cardboard, and tracing/cutting your own. Doing this for multiple people would be a PITA though.
Thx MattUF.

FYI... I recently bought the reusable decals from GoChecker and the one on the hood blew completely off and the ones on the doors were destroyed... on my highway trip to the track. Never even made it to the track! Followed the application directions to "the tee" and here's the result (this picture taken on highway on way to the track). I circled back with GoChecker and they would not replace the decals. Their response: "Thank you your timely response to this matter. After close examination of the image you'd sent we have determined that the decals are not at fault and are therefore not covered by our warranty policy. In 30 years not one of that type of decal "blew off" of a vehicle. As a one-time courtesy we can offer standard adhesive decals at 15% off our regular pricing."

I agree with them - I have never in all of my years seen a decal blow off or get destroyed like these did. Which is why I won't be ordering from them again. So much for the "Satisfaction Guarantee 100%" they post on their website.

Cheers,
L76

Old 04-11-2024, 12:52 PM
Moose
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting - I have been looking at alternatives and am thinking of buying a Vinyl cutter....

Last edited by Moose; 04-11-2024 at 12:53 PM. Reason: misread previous post
Old 04-11-2024, 09:30 PM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 230 Posts

I had used Solo in the past and never had a problem with their reusable vinyl numbers for a full (6 event) season. Just be careful putting in and taking off. Pretty minor expense for a Porsche owner. I have since changed over to FireStorm Graphix since they offer a nice two-number sticker with my chapter name underneath. I leave them on all season since I rarely street the car. Not sure why one would tackle this yourself.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:58 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 551 Posts

Trackdecals.com and done. I had a set of reusable vinyl last 49 track days and still have some life left in them. I bought 2 sets when starting HPDE 3 years ago. Easy to apply and remove and gentle on finish. Every few events clean them up with a little Goo-gone or acetone. Finally started using the second set this year. Good customer service, choices for format, font, color, etc. No reason to look anywhere else.

Wife has a Cricut and has made me helmet and Hybrid S stickers but I'm not sure that the adhesive would hold up to 145 mph on the doors.

Last edited by ldamelio; 04-11-2024 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:40 AM
uniquenamehere
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 109 Posts

Last edited by uniquenamehere; 04-12-2024 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:08 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Trackdecals.com and done. I had a set of reusable vinyl last 49 track days and still have some life left in them. I bought 2 sets when starting HPDE 3 years ago. Easy to apply and remove and gentle on finish. Every few events clean them up with a little Goo-gone or acetone. Finally started using the second set this year. Good customer service, choices for format, font, color, etc. No reason to look anywhere else.

Wife has a Cricut and has made me helmet and Hybrid S stickers but I'm not sure that the adhesive would hold up to 145 mph on the doors.
Took this advice from @ldamelio and couldn’t have been happier with my purchase from trackdecals.com
Held up perfectly, came off easily, and they are now on the backing film (keep these clean) and rolled back up into the nice tube they came in till my next track day in June.

The following users liked this post:
ldamelio (04-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Car Number decals for DE/Track Days