Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My journey to Club Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021 | 10:53 PM
ced357
Instructor

Thank you for sharing your story. I’ve been very interested in club racing for a couple of years and have yet to dive in, your story gives me more incentive for sure. Keep at it!!

I too echo other’s sentiments and wish your wife the best. Keep fighting!
Old 04-27-2021 | 02:47 AM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Great story and a lot of fun reliving the journey through your eyes.

My Mom is a four time cancer survivor and is confined to a wheel chair from MS. She will be 81 next month and has proven to me time and time again that women are MUCH tougher than us. (We think she has the same blood that has been keeping Charlie Sheen alive. LOL). Your wife sounds like a great woman and I will keep her in my prayers.

Enjoy the continued fun of Club Racing!
Old 04-27-2021 | 01:48 PM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Prayers and well wishes on your wife's recovery. Thanks for sharing your story, there are plenty of us 'late bloomers' out there!
Old 04-28-2021 | 07:42 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Great story and hope your wife beats that cancer!
Old 04-29-2021 | 11:14 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Great write up Jeff. I'm glad you had fun. You picked the most intense track in the country for your first race, it will get easier from here on. The biggest breakthrough in your near future is when you no longer have to think about your driving and can focus on racing. From there the fun grows exponentially. If you survived the weekend unscathed then you are probably solidly in the "consciously competent" category. More track time is always good but racing will probably help you progress to the next level faster then the DEs will since there are so many other things to focus on besides the mechanics of driving. I wish I could have been there, it sounds like a good time was had by most anyway. I had to drop out due to a health issue and I'm not sure what other PCA races I'll be able to do this year around the AER schedule and my wife's travel plans but I look forward to racing with you in the future. Best of luck to you and your wife.
Old 04-29-2021 | 04:44 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Welcome to the club -- your story echos most of us.

I'm still slow, I still give point byes, I'm still nervous, I'll never win, but I love it!

I just hope to be a clean racer, predictable, and the first one you want to crack a beer with in the paddock and exchange our "no **** there I was stories"

Texas is a long ways from you -- but if you ever make it out this way (or me that way -- I just towed to/from Road Atlanta!) -- happy to swap tales!

Old 04-29-2021 | 10:23 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Awesome story, and an inspiring journey for many others looking to break into Club Racing. Also, there's NOTHING better than sharing this passion for cars and racing with a son or daughter.

Our best to your wife in her fight.

- Ryan

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Old 08-19-2021 | 01:36 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Great story Jeff. I'm not sure if you remember, we met at Bill's shop several months go. I was picking up my 991.2 (white Carrera) , Bill had installed a Numeric shifter and cables (excellent product and work by Bill and his team). We spoke briefly, I was on a tight time line and had to run. I was at the DE event at Watkins Glen end of July. Bill was great as was my instructor (Rich). I moved from Green to Yellow and am planning on Summit Point in November to continue learning and eventually make the moves you have. Maybe I'll see you at Bill's shop again, and best wishes for your wife and her battle.
Old 08-19-2021 | 04:39 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by The Ox
Great story Jeff. I'm not sure if you remember, we met at Bill's shop several months go. I was picking up my 991.2 (white Carrera) , Bill had installed a Numeric shifter and cables (excellent product and work by Bill and his team). We spoke briefly, I was on a tight time line and had to run. I was at the DE event at Watkins Glen end of July. Bill was great as was my instructor (Rich). I moved from Green to Yellow and am planning on Summit Point in November to continue learning and eventually make the moves you have. Maybe I'll see you at Bill's shop again, and best wishes for your wife and her battle.
oh hey, yes I remember that. Congrats on the promotion. I had to miss WGI last month but my son was there with the Cup. I'll definitely be at Summit Pt. see you there!
Old 08-19-2021 | 05:18 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Jlanka. talk to skip carter. he will definitly want you to write that story up for publlication in PCA racing Journal ... hes always lookin for content!
Old 08-20-2021 | 09:20 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Great Jeff, I'll look for you at Summit Point.

Quick Reply: My journey to Club Racing