911 Rod
Race Car

Are you trying to win DE?
Old 01-14-2021 | 03:37 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Are you trying to win DE?
How one of these comments got into this simple question I asked and trying to figure out the route to go is beyond me.
Old 01-14-2021 | 03:38 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Its actually the reason I hesitate posting questions in this section of rennlist. One of these comments is always lurking around.
Old 01-14-2021 | 06:48 PM
jscott82
Drifting

Originally Posted by JSETarga
Its actually the reason I hesitate posting questions in this section of rennlist. One of these comments is always lurking around.
MEH.. Its the interwebs... Take the good with the bad.

​​​​​​
Old 01-15-2021 | 02:15 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

How one of these comments got into this simple question I asked and trying to figure out the route to go is beyond me.
Sorry, I meant no offence. It was partially a serious question. I been in some pretty tricked out cars just for DE.
Old 01-16-2021 | 09:30 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Went ahead and gutted them. Left the electronic locks hooked up as didnt want to get into alarm errors right now.
Old 01-16-2021 | 10:04 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

If you are thinking about actual racing, than you need to put some serious thought into which sanctioning body you want to race and what class car you wish run in. NASA, PCA, SCCA, etc, have general tech rules the car MUST meet to participate and class rules you MUST meet. Do not assume you built a good car that can fit in somewhere, because I likely won't. Build to that body and that class you want to run with or you will likely be wasting money and causing yourself much frustration. I'd say build to a class, a popular one, even if you don't really care to race and just stick with DEs, as it will increase the cars value should you decide to sell it at some point.
Old 01-16-2021 | 10:26 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CCA
If you are thinking about actual racing, than you need to put some serious thought into which sanctioning body you want to race and what class car you wish run in. NASA, PCA, SCCA, etc, have general tech rules the car MUST meet to participate and class rules you MUST meet. Do not assume you built a good car that can fit in somewhere, because I likely won't. Build to that body and that class you want to run with or you will likely be wasting money and causing yourself much frustration. I'd say build to a class, a popular one, even if you don't really care to race and just stick with DEs, as it will increase the cars value should you decide to sell it at some point.
I feel like the only place it could fall into in the end is NASA with this car. If but more likely when the engine goes, I dont think I will rebuild to a stock 3.6L, being this is a 2004 911. I would either turn it into a 3.8 or 4.0L or LS swap it, which I dont think any of those options will fly with PCA. Nasa ST and GTS classes seem to be pretty simple power to weight. GTS class would not allow swaping to LS though. Not a lot I would want to do that would make me fall out of the class. So, I plan to keep building with that in mind.
Old 01-17-2021 | 08:54 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

For PCA an engine swap (Porsche only) is possible but would put you in the GT classes. As suggested, it's a good idea to at least be aware of the rules for groups you're considering running with so you don't make mods that will make the car ineligible, or put into a class where it will be uncompetitive.
Old 01-17-2021 | 08:59 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

I feel like the only place it could fall into in the end is NASA with this car. If but more likely when the engine goes, I dont think I will rebuild to a stock 3.6L, being this is a 2004 911. I would either turn it into a 3.8 or 4.0L or LS swap it, which I dont think any of those options will fly with PCA. Nasa ST and GTS classes seem to be pretty simple power to weight. GTS class would not allow swaping to LS though. Not a lot I would want to do that would make me fall out of the class. So, I plan to keep building with that in mind.
My gut says that GTS will get folded into ST.

I have some travel windows made from Lexan that I use. As long as I have both windows in, there are no issues. I have driven from Houston to Watkins Glen a few times with this setup.

Quick Reply: Glass Lexan or No Windows?