Sponsored by:

Trailer Hitch Brand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Hitch Brand?

OK, I've searched and read a lot of recommendations on tow vehicles, but not on tow hitch brands.

I'll be towing a spec-944 with a '97 4.6l Expedition (6100lb. capacity), and from what I've read and heard, am planning on going for a class III, load-levelling hitch with electronic brakes controller.

The question is, is there specific brand or brands that are of exceptional quality? What are you recommendations and why?

Thanks a lot.

Steve
Old 03-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Adam Richman
Pro

Steve, when I went through this process, Reese/DrawTite was what everyone suggested going with. Within that, the trunion bar type load leveling hitch was recommended over round bar, not that they don't work in the same way, just that there is nothing that can go wrong with the trunion bar setup vs. the clips being wear items on the round bar.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:32 AM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

I second that. I tow quite a bit for Track Stuff and for work. whenever possible I try to go one step up. If tow capacity is 6100lbs that is a little more than class 3. Go with 3-4. I often tow an open steel trailer with 2-3 thousand lbs and I use a class 5! the total is around 5000-5500 lbs and a class 3 is right at 5000! Hope this helps
C
Old 03-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the website for the one I use. I'm very impressed with it.

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/home.html

Quick Reply: Trailer Hitch Brand?