Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing and/or extra parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020 | 09:31 PM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Default Missing and/or extra parts

In the process of changing the front Sebro slotted rotors and installing Tarett GT3 lower control arms on my 2013 Boxster S. Ball joint on current Elephant adjustable LCAs has failed. Ball joint is not a serviceable part. Have to buy a completely new adjustable LCA. Switching to GT3 control arms. While the GT3 ball joints are also technically not replaceable you can buy just the ball joint part separately

Rotors have cracks that go to the edge.

Boxes from FCPEuro showed up early this week One had the two rotors, one had Motul 660 and the third had someone else parts for a Mercedes. Shipping slip in the 3rd box had someone else name and address but my shipping label on the box.

Called FCP. They gave me a $30 credit and emailed me a FEDEX label to send the box back. Had a similar problem with FCP last year. The sent two left side rear rotors which are sold as set. Called them and they sent another left side rotor. Finally talked to a different person and they sent another set, both right and left along with labels to send back the wrong parts.

Today the box from Tarett came late. The four shims needed for the alignment were missing. No shipping invoice in the box. Luckily caught someone at Tarett who is shipping the missing shims.

Has COVID made things this bad or do people just not do basic tasks like using a packing slip and check off the items as they are packed?

Still have plenty of time to get this finished before next PCA DE on Oct 24-25.

Old 10-10-2020 | 10:56 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

I’ve seen it across the industry. Managers and even supervisors are often working from home. Supply chains are a mess. Hard to keep good help. High demand. Crazy times.

Quick Reply: Missing and/or extra parts