Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just advising, Alpinestar suits

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020 | 05:43 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Default just advising, Alpinestar suits

deleted. sorry, maybe more proper for a different forum.

Last edited by spg993tt; 10-08-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2020 | 08:08 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Well now you've got me curious...
Old 10-13-2020 | 12:26 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

oops sorry about that, i had wanted to wait for mine to arrive.
i just wanted to let you RL members know there is a great deal going on the 2019 lpinestars Hypertech suits. $1999 normally 699 on the speedway motors site, and then infact 559 on ebay.
they are the same suits the 559 and 699. on ebay it says used which the sales person had told me was in error, perhaps they have to list as "used" on ebay to not be in violation of alpinestars selling stuff so cheaply below msrp. so i deleted the post and figured id wait for them to arrive. yes, they are brand new, never opened. suuper super nice suit.
love alpinestars very athletic fit, but mainly those 2019 hypertechs are like 209 grms/inch which is so much thinner and lighter, less baggy, less heavy than even their new hypertechs which are now like 26grams/inch. i have a black 2017 and bought it for thinnness as i struggle with heat in the cockpit. and i got a new white one this week.
again 1999, selling for 559 on ebay. seemed like a no brainer, and yes, mine wsa brand spanking new.
figured someone else might like to take advantage of that. seems like they had all the sizes.
im 6feet, 160lbs and a 54 is precisely the right fit. 56 is a bit long and drooopy on me.
The following users liked this post:
paradocs98 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-13-2020 | 01:23 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Link? Thanks....
Old 10-13-2020 | 01:44 PM
Brockoli
Intermediate

I also bought a alpine racesuit from Speedway Motors but this was about 4-5 yrs ago. I got the Alpine Supertech suit for about the same price you mentioned. It was an older model they were clearing out. It was brand new and is an amazing suit.
Old 10-13-2020 | 09:26 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Just ordered one. Thanks so much. Just in time, my old Sparco suit has seen better days.
Old 10-13-2020 | 09:42 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the heads up! I am in the market for a new suit. Does this suit have any provision for a coolshirt hose to come out? Like a double zipper, one from the bottom?
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:20 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lcrain
Thanks for the heads up! I am in the market for a new suit. Does this suit have any provision for a coolshirt hose to come out? Like a double zipper, one from the bottom?
double zipper. on some suits you have to cut a hole in the pocket. this has no pockets, double zip, just raise the lower zip 1/4 of an inch tfeed hoses through and good t go.

here is the 54 i ordered ebay item eBay item number:
google that. then see sellers other items. again, the add says "Used"when you look at the second-page details "Condition: Used" i confirmed before hand that is not the case. mine arrived, was not the case.
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:45 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

they have various sizes. i really wanted a white hypertech from pre-2020 for the color and the weight. i have a black of that iteration, super nice, sometimes i feel it sucks in and holds heat more. white while it oculd get dirty more often i always find less hot.
Old 10-14-2020 | 12:50 PM
DrPyro2k
AutoX

Huge thanks for this post... I had been looking at getting one, and they happen to have white one in my size. I ordered directly from their website (speedway motors) where they also gave an extra 15% off. So $699 - $105 = $594. Works for me!
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:02 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

again, i beleive the ebay ones are precisely exactly the same. they told me this exactly but i agree if they will give you that discount to get the 559 or thereabouts going direct, including free shipping, then go direct. but its their ebay store and the woman on the phone specifically checked them, and said they were all new. i had wanted to wait for mine to arrive just to be sure they were new so i didnt have egg on my face. but yes, these are top top notch suits. always felt they were the best. my black i paid full rate less local shop discount.
the combo of the dollars, color and thinness is really a good combo to have a replacement ready to go or a second when its brutally hot and i hate putting on a sweaty nasty suit. 559 for 1999 suit is actionable.

Originally Posted by spg993tt
oops sorry about that, i had wanted to wait for mine to arrive.
i just wanted to let you RL members know there is a great deal going on the 2019 lpinestars Hypertech suits. $1999 normally 699 on the speedway motors site, and then infact 559 on ebay.
they are the same suits the 559 and 699. on ebay it says used which the sales person had told me was in error, perhaps they have to list as "used" on ebay to not be in violation of alpinestars selling stuff so cheaply below msrp. so i deleted the post and figured id wait for them to arrive. yes, they are brand new, never opened. suuper super nice suit.
love alpinestars very athletic fit, but mainly those 2019 hypertechs are like 209 grms/inch which is so much thinner and lighter, less baggy, less heavy than even their new hypertechs which are now like 26grams/inch. i have a black 2017 and bought it for thinnness as i struggle with heat in the cockpit. and i got a new white one this week.
again 1999, selling for 559 on ebay. seemed like a no brainer, and yes, mine wsa brand spanking new.
figured someone else might like to take advantage of that. seems like they had all the sizes.
im 6feet, 160lbs and a 54 is precisely the right fit. 56 is a bit long and drooopy on me.
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:05 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spg993tt
again, i beleive the ebay ones are precisely exactly the same. they told me this exactly but i agree if they will give you that discount to get the 559 or thereabouts going direct, including free shipping, then go direct. but its their ebay store and the woman on the phone specifically checked them, and said they were all new. i had wanted to wait for mine to arrive just to be sure they were new so i didnt have egg on my face. but yes, these are top top notch suits. always felt they were the best. my black i paid full rate less local shop discount.
the combo of the dollars, color and thinness is really a good combo to have a replacement ready to go or a second when its brutally hot and i hate putting on a sweaty nasty suit. 559 for 1999 suit is actionable.
i also bought a pair of the T-1 shoes in the Black/Red White which looks perfect with the suit. my old tech 1 Z were getting ratty and thin on the bases.
I went T1 aas i like the laces more than that pull/zip string wire. those wires and the pulling are great but pull too tight on my feet and after 2,3 hours of running my feet hurt. granted, im not standing on my feet too much, but walking the garage or out of the car in between sessions, i just wanted more cmofort. they are super nice, just not that next level up with the wire laces. they werent on sale atleast i didnt hunt around. speedway had them on their ebay in my sizse, matching color,, just not discounted. id imagine a phone call gets you the 10% from them direct as well.
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:05 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

My only hesitation is how this compares to a single layer suit in terms of breathability. My assumption, which may be incorrect, is that single layers suits are the lightest and most breathable.

Quick Reply: just advising, Alpinestar suits