Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud HDPE Moments from Sebring :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020 | 02:56 PM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Default Proud HDPE Moments from Sebring :)

Was at Sebring with Chin Oct 3-4 and had three very proud moments, so wanted to share in my enthusiasm!

First, I’m an instructor and over the last 3-4 events at Sebring I’ve been instructing my fiancé. I brought her out about a year ago, figuring she’d say “OK I guess that was fun,” and that would be the end of it. Instead before lunch on day one she asked if she could register for the next day (what have I done ?!?). As you can imagine she was quite bad at first, and I think her best time that first weekend was a 3:10. She got that time down to a low 2:40s over the weekend, and was consistently running only about 12 seconds behind me, and out running my brother who has a C7, albeit he admittedly doesn’t push very hard.

Next proud moment, as weather wasn’t conducive to a new PB, I was focused on consistency, and managed to put these gems together on back-to-back laps. Can’t get *much* better than .01 apart!

I also had forgotten that our cars recorded max Gs, so another yeah for consistency! Car is a 981 BGTS with X73, GiroDisc rotors at all four corners with ST-43 pads and NT01 tires for reference.

Final proud moment was Sunday afternoon, I was the first car in line in my run group. There was a GT3 and a GT4 behind me, so throughout the warm up lap I waved them both by, not wanting to hold them up. I pointed the GT4 by just as we were starting our first flying lap, and managed to reel him back in over the next two laps until he pointed me by. Always a good feeling when you hang with a faster car!

I welcome any and all opinions on any areas of improvement you see in my lap for those experienced with Sebring! The line I run was taught by one of the instructors at the PEC in Atlanta, so I *assume* its good - but it never hurts to ask! And on a related note, if you go to Sebring regularly I highly recommend the PCA advanced driver's weekend event they do there every November. The track walk with pro drivers/coaches is worth the price of admission alone!

Last edited by PTSFX; 10-05-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added note about advanced driver weekend :)
The following 3 users liked this post by PTSFX:
MC129 (10-10-2020), ProCoach (10-06-2020), steved0x (10-06-2020)
Old 10-10-2020 | 10:55 PM
MC129
Rennlist Member

Nice laps Mike. Good to see you again 👍

Quick Reply: Proud HDPE Moments from Sebring :)