Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Leather Bucket seats damage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 03:41 PM
vincent.bondi940
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Full Leather Bucket seats damage?

Hey looking to upgrade our factory sports seats to either the GT2 euro folding bucket seats or the Recaro pole position in full leather. Want to add a half cage and 6 point harness for track use but still keep the street look. Does anyone know if the Hans device would damaging the leather at all? Do not want to make the investment to eventually have to change due to damaged leather. Will attach photos of the seats I am inquiring about.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:52 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 280 Posts

I have gt2 folding seats (perlon) in a 987.2. There is wear on the headrest from the hans, and some gouges from a simpson hybrid. I also have Cantrell lowering brackets which tilt the seat back slightly. I think the wear would be worse with the factory brackets. Despite the wear/damage I've been happy with the seats as a compromise for a street/track dual use car.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:42 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts

Somewhere I thought I saw someone marketing a kind of half seat cover to protect the leather from getting scuffed up. Even those probably won’t stop the leather getting dented though.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:57 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 110 Posts

Similar to above, I have the folding buckets. Using the headrest protector/slip cover has avoided any damage over the last few years. This is for HDPE use and not endurance racing so your results may vary with use.

Quick Reply: Full Leather Bucket seats damage?