Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Toyo RR on a 987?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 08:18 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

I've only run 2 sets so far. 15 - 20 before they cord.

I was able to put a usable set together out of the 8 used but promptly got a flat on track (nail) so I didn't get to keep running them to see how long they would have lasted.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:32 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

That is about the same number of heat cycles have gotten as well, thanks
Old 10-18-2020, 10:01 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

So just a follow up. I ran a set of RR's. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. So far I have somewhere around 25 heat cycles on them over 2 days at Lightning and 1 day at thunderbolt (double shifting the car with my brother).

I wasn't able to heat cycle them very well in terms of getting them up to temp first session and then they only got to rest for maybe an hour.

They are all worn down to (through) the wear bars but not corded. We flipped the fronts on the rims twice and rotated sides once. We flipped and rotated the rears once.

On the latest heat cycles we were running 1:34's and 1:35's at Tbolt (the car was definitely moving around a lot more though) which is is where I was running fresh C51's.

I was hoping to get a chance to run the RR's to their end but it rained all day at Lightning on Friday and we had to run the rains.

Looking forward to running them out soon. I've all but made the decision to switch over to this as my primary choice based on the longevity of both tread and grip. They are also way easier to mount than the C51.

Last edited by badabing; 10-20-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Toyo RR on a 987?