Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Insurance Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020 | 05:08 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alevine
Agreed, same recommendation here. I've been using Open Track for about 5 years and they are great. Website is easy to add and remove cars, etc. Fortunately I have not had a claim but I'm happy with their customer experience and user interface.

BTW, love the "scamdenic!"
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Open track for me, well proven and easy to deal with.
good people, they extended coverage for free because we couldn’t hit the track for a couple months due to the scamdemic..
I enjoy the irony of someone willing to insure themselves against a potential financial loss on the track but believes a virus that has killed more Americans than Vietnam and WW I combined is a scam. I'll be sure to share your empathy with my friend who lost his father. Better yet, I can arrange a call so you can help explain the scam to him or help console his mother.

Last edited by Ubermensch; 09-16-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2020 | 09:35 PM
Drizz
Racer

Originally Posted by jayzbird
Make sure if the event you are attending has “Time Trial” in the title, even if you are not participating, that you buy time trial coverage (unless it’s very clear that the group you are in is HPDE only). Lockton offers this option.
Thanks for the advice
Old 09-16-2020 | 11:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Open Track was great option for Canadians. Until coverage for Canadians with Canadian addresses was not longer offered later this summer. Hope they fix that for next year.
Old 09-17-2020 | 03:48 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff951NJ
As mentioned above Steve Katz at https://ontrackinsurance.com/
this is who I use.
The following users liked this post:
Drizz (09-25-2020)
Old 09-17-2020 | 11:54 AM
KMC993
Rennlist Member

I've used Lockton for many years (https://locktonmotorsports.com/). They have paid out for me promptly on more than one occasion over the past several years. They tend to be less expensive than Hagerty and also offer multi-event packages. You can also get storage and to/from the track insurance from them if you have a dedicated race/track car without any "regular" coverage.
Drizz (09-25-2020)
Old 09-17-2020 | 03:53 PM
solarblack
Instructor

On Track Insurance is the best IMHO. I've used them many times and i've had nothing but a positive experience with them.

Drizz (09-25-2020)
Old 09-17-2020 | 04:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ubermensch
I enjoy the irony of someone willing to insure themselves against a potential financial loss on the track but believes a virus that has killed more Americans than Vietnam and WW I combined is a scam. I'll be sure to share your empathy with my best friend who lost his father. Better yet, I can arrange a call so you can help explain the scam to him or help console his mother.
Übermensch, very fitting!
Old 09-17-2020 | 11:05 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Would love to see anyone going to HPDE soon cross-shop Hagerty, Open Track, and Lockton. I used Lockton for a couple seasons, the switched fo Open Track this year. However, at a track day last week, someone mentioned that the Open Track policy doesn’t cover track damage (Armco, fluid clean up, etc) bit Hagerty does (hence the cost delta). Anyone confirm these details?
Old 09-17-2020 | 11:07 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ubermensch
I enjoy the irony of someone willing to insure themselves against a potential financial loss on the track but believes a virus that has killed more Americans than Vietnam and WW I combined is a scam. I'll be sure to share your empathy with my friend who lost his father. Better yet, I can arrange a call so you can help explain the scam to him or help console his mother.
Willful ignorance is a bitch. Just ask the Idaho pastor who told his flock that Covid is a hoax and not to wear masks and who now, thanks to science and not his god, is thankfully recovering from a long bout with Covid.

Last edited by Four Ring Circus; 09-17-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2020 | 01:05 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
Would love to see anyone going to HPDE soon cross-shop Hagerty, Open Track, and Lockton. I used Lockton for a couple seasons, the switched fo Open Track this year. However, at a track day last week, someone mentioned that the Open Track policy doesn’t cover track damage (Armco, fluid clean up, etc) bit Hagerty does (hence the cost delta). Anyone confirm these details?
Lockton has some coverage for “environmental cleanup”, but nothing as far as track repair AFAIK. When I had my crash at Laguna I was informed I would be liable for the damage I caused to their retaining wall, but they never called. I’d think the run of the mill spilled fluid cleanup is already part of the normal track rental fees the event organizer pays. At least they never mentioned wanting to charge for cleaning up all the coolant I dumped on the track.
Old 09-18-2020 | 07:23 AM
jlanka
Drifting

AFAIK Lockton stopped offering multi event packages
Old 09-18-2020 | 11:51 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone the Pm'd me and your support in the forum - If anyone has questions about www.OnTrackinsurance.com policy please reach out to me
Drizz (09-25-2020)
Old 09-19-2020 | 01:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Übermensch, very fitting!
Think that might be the first time I've seen Nietzsche channeled on Rennlist....
Old 09-19-2020 | 06:08 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

I had used Hagerty for HPDE, but when I joined a track that offers ‘lapping club days’ (as opposed to HPDE) I needed to find another option - and have been happy enough with Open Track. For next year I’ll run the numbers on a annual policy. Though I only expect to do 6-8 or so days a year.

Someone at the track mentioned that they had all their other cars on a regular (e.g. Allstate, Progressive) policies, but that their P-car wasn’t bundled with the other cars, but was with a company that covered the car for the regular/street annual policy AND track days...

...Anyone else heard of this?

Old 09-20-2020 | 09:14 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I had used Hagerty for HPDE, but when I joined a track that offers ‘lapping club days’ (as opposed to HPDE) I needed to find another option - and have been happy enough with Open Track. For next year I’ll run the numbers on a annual policy. Though I only expect to do 6-8 or so days a year.

Someone at the track mentioned that they had all their other cars on a regular (e.g. Allstate, Progressive) policies, but that their P-car wasn’t bundled with the other cars, but was with a company that covered the car for the regular/street annual policy AND track days...

...Anyone else heard of this?
Maybe Porsche insurance? It "covers" HPDE, as long as you stay below 100 mph and have an instructor on the track. This is what they wrote me back late last year, it might have changed. See why the quote...

Quick Reply: Track Day Insurance Recommendations